Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 02-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #1
lukeneale
PC Perfectionist

ALL BLACK 8 electric pressure

Hi

Looking at getting this machine - http://www.directhoses.net/collectio...hose-quick-fit

Anyone used one? if so, what attachment for the snowfoam lance is it?

Kind regards

Luke
lukeneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeneale View Post
Hi

Looking at getting this machine - http://www.directhoses.net/collectio...hose-quick-fit

Anyone used one? if so, what attachment for the snowfoam lance is it?

Kind regards

Luke
I believe it says it comes with a quick fit adapter to convert a snow foam lance over, presumably you'd swap out your existing attachment, not sure though.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,777 Posts
Garage
Have a look at this thread chum.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=386859

Cooks

Sent from my D6603
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Chris424 (09-04-2017)
Old 04-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #4
steve from wath
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,924 Posts
ask for a quick release adapter for your snowfoam lance

being sold to trade , who use them day in day out and getting great feedback from them
steve from wath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:28 AM   #5
Mcpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from wath View Post
ask for a quick release adapter for your snowfoam lance

being sold to trade , who use them day in day out and getting great feedback from them
Once again Steve we only seem to have your word on this, there is no feedback on the site and even Google has never heard of the machine. Surely if has been so well received by the 'trade' and pro detailers for up to a year then there would be some mention of it somewhere, and if there is, why haven't DH got these 'pros' feedback plastered all over their site? That'd be the first thing I'd do, along with shipping one or two off to the testers here at DW. I'm pretty sure if they tested favourably here and were proven reliable, they'd get a massive boost in sales.

Can't speak for anyone else of course but there is no way I'd lay out £150-250 on an unproven machine that no one has ever heard of. I've just had two Nilfisk machines fail on me in the last 6 months, but I'd still buy another one over this machine simply because if the worst does happen, I can at least be confident in the warranty and service. I had a bad experience with Direct Hose, with both product quality and customer service, which happens sometimes, people make mistakes, but from talking to people on here it seems that I am not alone, so I believe there is fair cause for concern.

But as you yourself say in the thread that Cooks linked to

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from wath View Post
yes

i know of them as it my mates company

ive had one for over a year

no issues

all parts replacable

sold a lot to pro detailers as well on facebook forums

but im biased

Last edited by Mcpx; 04-12-2016 at 01:37 AM.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:30 AM   #6
dholdi

Biased being the operative word.
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dholdi For This Useful Post:
-Jamie- (04-12-2016), -Kev- (07-12-2016), indianbelters (04-12-2016), Mcpx (04-12-2016), Puntoboy (04-05-2017)
Old 06-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
From an engineering point of view:

It's an induction motor, so no brushes to fail
The pump head is brass so significantly better corrosion resistance and strength / toughness than aluminium
It looks as though (from some of the pics on this facebook group) that getting the pump head apart if there's problems with seals, plungers etc would not be too hard.
The connections for hose inlet and outlet look well engineered (and these seem to be frequent failure points for the cheapest machines that are made from plastic).
It's also hard to say how good the machining etc is ie how quickly will the pump heads wear, how often will seals need changed, what's the rated duty cycle?

Not sure if there's oil to change?

For me the acid test is what happens when one fails, even if outside warranty - do they have spare parts on hand to get people's machines working again quickly? Or is it a case of "we've got to wait until the next container ship lands at Southampton"?
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
shaunwistow

Thanked 1,149 Times in 894 Posts
Garage
I've got one it's great, I know a couple of detailers who use them on a daily basis.
shaunwistow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaunwistow For This Useful Post:
chongo (06-12-2016), Cookies (06-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
pampered
Washmitt Meister

I also use one and it's great. Smashes any karcher, nilfisk etc into the ground. Love it
pampered is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pampered For This Useful Post:
chongo (06-12-2016), Cookies (06-12-2016), shaunwistow (06-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 03:36 PM   #10
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunwistow View Post
I've got one it's great, I know a couple of detailers who use them on a daily basis.
I'm sure they are great while they're working, and all the videos suggest it's a grand little machine. And I'm not trying to say they are any more, or less reliable than any other brand. But with a cheap Karcher, I can take it back to B&Q or Homebase or wherever. With both Nilfisk and Karcher, I have recourse to the manufacturer's warranty. With Kranzle I can freely download fully exploded diagrams and instructions on how to service it, or get it done at any of the UK dealers, if it's outside of the manufacturer's warranty period.

With this machine, I have no idea who the manufacturer is - my only recourse is to the retailer, ie Direct Hoses. I have no idea what stocks of parts they may hold, etc etc.

I want there to be a better alternative than people throwing endless C110s and K2s in the dump, because that is a ludicrous waste of resources. And it looks like this machine is much better made than those machines. But no matter how well made, any mechanical device can (and eventually, will) go wrong, and the true test is how well the "service network" deals with the issue in that case.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Cookies (06-12-2016), Mcpx (06-12-2016), Puntoboy (04-05-2017), trv8 (08-12-2016)