Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #331
Pp172
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 51
Thanks: 27
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenekeorr View Post
Thanks!

I would imagine the value is depressingly low. Owing mainly to the high mileage (144,000) and the lack of the JCW tuning certificate.
When I had mine (god I miss that car!!!) I got in touch with mini customer care who confirmed mine was a genuine JCW car and re-issued a certificate for free. It was the same as the original and just added to the provenance of the car. Worth a try. It was only 6 months ago when I got mine so should still do it.
Pp172 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pp172 For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #332
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,308
Thanks: 1,074
Thanked 1,547 Times in 886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlmu77 View Post
This thread is Fantastic. Iíve read 3 times now and the attention to detail just puts others to shame. I take my hat off to you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. A great ride!

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #333
ibiza55
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,932
Thanks: 172
Thanked 1,402 Times in 1,360 Posts
Garage
Lovely jubbly, very impressed with your work on the alloys. A friend has a Citroen DS4 and that's only 4 years old his cut wheels are already corroded might show him your achievements matey.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ibiza55 For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #334
jbenekeorr
PC Perfectionist
 
jbenekeorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 348
Thanks: 262
Thanked 774 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pp172 View Post
When I had mine (god I miss that car!!!) I got in touch with mini customer care who confirmed mine was a genuine JCW car and re-issued a certificate for free. It was the same as the original and just added to the provenance of the car. Worth a try. It was only 6 months ago when I got mine so should still do it.
Thanks for this. This morning I tried calling MINI customer services who were surprisingly rude and unhelpful the man eventually said I should call the original supplying dealer and provided me with a phone number. This turned out to be the number for a BMW garage in York which was completely the wrong place! A rather helpful man in parts was able to look in their system and see that they had worked on my car from 2006-2012 and provide a number for the correct dealer in Colchester 200 miles away!

I have just had a call back from them, the man I spoke to had tried to find out some information on obtaining a certificate - but is going to wait to speak to someone tomorrow who knows more about it. So hopefully they might be able to sort something out for me.
jbenekeorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #335
sdk778
Unwashed Member
 
sdk778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cotswolds
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Garage
Fantastic read.

Wifee has a 2005 MCS Convertible and to see a re-birth on a similar model is great to see.

Keep the updates coming.
sdk778 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdk778 For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (07-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 07:02 AM   #336
tomsy29
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 63
Thanks: 3
Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
What an epic thread! Really enjoyed reading this from start to finish. Superb work by yourself! Look forward to following it moving forward
tomsy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomsy29 For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (08-03-2018)
Old 17-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #337
Pp172
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 51
Thanks: 27
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenekeorr View Post
Thanks for this. This morning I tried calling MINI customer services who were surprisingly rude and unhelpful the man eventually said I should call the original supplying dealer and provided me with a phone number. This turned out to be the number for a BMW garage in York which was completely the wrong place! A rather helpful man in parts was able to look in their system and see that they had worked on my car from 2006-2012 and provide a number for the correct dealer in Colchester 200 miles away!

I have just had a call back from them, the man I spoke to had tried to find out some information on obtaining a certificate - but is going to wait to speak to someone tomorrow who knows more about it. So hopefully they might be able to sort something out for me.
Sorry youíve had all the headache. Iím certain I used twitter to contact mini. The people who replied to me were all really helpful and handled it all completely. Definitely keep pushing for it.
Pp172 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pp172 For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (24-03-2018)
Old 17-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #338
jbenekeorr
PC Perfectionist
 
jbenekeorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 348
Thanks: 262
Thanked 774 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pp172 View Post
Sorry youíve had all the headache. Iím certain I used twitter to contact mini. The people who replied to me were all really helpful and handled it all completely. Definitely keep pushing for it.
Twitter might be the thing to try.

I didnít hear back from that dealer so called them up again yesterday. The chap there told me it wasnít possible to get a copy of the certificate. He did look on their system and found my car but said he couldnít find anything to suggest that it had the works package fitted.

So all I really have to go on is the service book which refers to the car as a Works which would presumably have been written on when new.

I think Iíll give Twitter a try. Did you message them or just tweet them?
jbenekeorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #339
G105ALY
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
G105ALY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Guisborough
Posts: 1,167
Thanks: 169
Thanked 475 Times in 318 Posts
Awesome work on the wheels! You have certainly brought this Mini back from the dead.
I was lucky to own an R53 Hartge S from 2004-06. I only sold it because I was travelling from the South Coast to the North East and it wasn’t ideal for this. I sure miss it though:



G105ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G105ALY For This Useful Post:
jbenekeorr (18-03-2018)
Old 24-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #340
jbenekeorr
PC Perfectionist
 
jbenekeorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 348
Thanks: 262
Thanked 774 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pp172 View Post
Sorry youíve had all the headache. Iím certain I used twitter to contact mini. The people who replied to me were all really helpful and handled it all completely. Definitely keep pushing for it.

I contacted MINI UK on Twitter with my VIN and tuning kit number, explaining the situation with the car and the work I had done on the car.

Result - I got the below message back yesterday, saying that the product team will be sending me a new JCW tuning certificate







Quote:
Originally Posted by G105ALY View Post
Awesome work on the wheels! You have certainly brought this Mini back from the dead.
I was lucky to own an R53 Hartge S from 2004-06. I only sold it because I was travelling from the South Coast to the North East and it wasnít ideal for this. I sure miss it though:
Thanks. I remember seeing the Hartge tested on Top Gear along with the JCW and a couple of others years ago. Not sure Iíve actually seen one before!
jbenekeorr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jbenekeorr For This Useful Post:
jas_racing (24-03-2018), johny555ive (24-03-2018), JR1982 (24-03-2018), Pp172 (26-03-2018)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors