Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 10-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #11
Gazwas
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
I did try the yellow foam and it's ok. The blue one has not been needed as it's like sand paper.
You'd be surprised by the blue pad. My use was on hard Porsche and BMW paint so your milage may vary but I also thought the blue cutting pad would be a shocker something that corse. However, used in conjunction with the blue Mille cutting compound I found it finishes extremely well and gives great gloss levels - makes no sense but it does.

Quote:
I have used a Uro Fiber pad to correct a Mini and it was brilliant... I then used it to correct a fiesta bonnet and it was dragging!
As I understand it, microfiber is not recommended with the Mille and the reason why Rupes developed the wool pads. Microfiber has very uniform fibres and flattens down when used with the force rotation machine and the pad than clogs with residue and gets grabby. DA's throw the pad about more and have a more random motion so the fibres don't flatten down as with the very set pattern of the Milles rotation. Wool has random fibre's so don't flatten down on the Mille.
Gazwas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazwas For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (10-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
Itstony
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Come on Tony... What are you trying to do?

You want me on the internet clicking buy all day!

I'll be honest I have not tried the wool pads on it yet. I did try the yellow foam and it's ok. The blue one has not been needed as it's like sand paper. I have used a Uro Fiber pad to correct a Mini and it was brilliant... I then used it to correct a fiesta bonnet and it was dragging!

Rob

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You ask the questions and opinions on something I have, I will give one. I try to not use a reply to write I use or have only on my limited opinion on the subjec twas not the question or subject.
The Millie will not be a one tool in your box deal. You will need a smaller one too and most guys will have more than one.
It takes time and hard earned money to get any type of tool and equipment, so be patient.
You can never have too many tools of any kind and never sold a single one. Its the space to keep them is the problem.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (12-07-2018)