Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 04-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Rupes Mille Deluxe Kit

Why was my thread closed?

I am not advertising it! I have a paid subscription anyway to the sales thread I just wanted to know peoples thoughts!

Thanks Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
Sam6er
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Seems some people over reacted to your post and incorrectly assumed you were trying to tout it without any proof.

Iv seen many "what's it worth thread's" over various forums and never seen any issues like you had, i was quite surprised with the reaction you got tbh.

If i knew what they were worth id have let you know but im not too familier with the rupes machine prices.

EDIT: found the delux kit on cleanandshiney for a decent price which might help you gauge a price:

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/prod...SABEgIzdPD_BwE

Take into account the forum discount and remove a little for it being a used kit and you got yourself a base price

Last edited by Sam6er; 04-07-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Sam6er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam6er For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (04-07-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,835 Posts
"How much is this worth" (including where to sell etc) type threads which could easily lead to a sale for the poster are not allowed, the only leeway on this is if the poster has an active paid subscription to the for sale section, in which case the moderator will use his discretion as to if they should delete the thread or not.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cossiecol View Post
"How much is this worth" (including where to sell etc) type threads which could easily lead to a sale for the poster are not allowed, the only leeway on this is if the poster has an active paid subscription to the for sale section, in which case the moderator will use his discretion as to if they should delete the thread or not.
Thanks Cossiecol. This is the problem I want to find out a rough guide so I know whether to bother listing it or just keep it!

I have a paid subscription to the sales thread. I sold 3 items with the last 2 weeks!

Thanks Rob
Old 04-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #5
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam6er View Post
Seems some people over reacted to your post and incorrectly assumed you were trying to tout it without any proof.

Iv seen many "what's it worth thread's" over various forums and never seen any issues like you had, i was quite surprised with the reaction you got tbh.

If i knew what they were worth id have let you know but im not too familier with the rupes machine prices.

EDIT: found the delux kit on cleanandshiney for a decent price which might help you gauge a price:

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/prod...SABEgIzdPD_BwE

Take into account the forum discount and remove a little for it being a used kit and you got yourself a base price
Yeah thanks for the support Sam.

I have a paid subscription so I can list it when I want I just don't know what to do and if I will be losing too much money!

Rob
Old 07-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #6
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Why was my thread closed?

I am not advertising it! I have a paid subscription anyway to the sales thread I just wanted to know peoples thoughts!

Thanks Rob
Only just seen this Rob and the other thread. Seems like you caught some ag and flack. For the life of me I have no idea why.
Never understood why anyone would want or need to know what you paid for it.
You have your receipt for warranty and date purchased and from where for the buyer. Thats all they need once they are happy with the price. Its next to new so the price you were looking to is a good buy. Second hand one machine only went for £400 earlier in the year. I would buy it if I hadn't got one already.

Next time I buy a car, I shall ask the salesman how much they paid for it first.
Some people eh

Stick with the Mille
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
Only just seen this Rob and the other thread. Seems like you caught some ag and flack. For the life of me I have no idea why.
Never understood why anyone would want or need to know what you paid for it.
You have your receipt for warranty and date purchased and from where for the buyer. Thats all they need once they are happy with the price. Its next to new so the price you were looking to is a good buy. Second hand one machine only went for £400 earlier in the year. I would buy it if I hadn't got one already.

Next time I buy a car, I shall ask the salesman how much they paid for it first.
Some people eh

Stick with the Mille
Haha thanks Tony.

I actually don't care if it doesn't sell. It ain't like I don't like it I just fancy the Rotary. If it don't sell I'll just crack on.

£400 with the kit is a decent deal. It has only been used twice.

Rob

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2018, 04:03 PM   #8
Gazwas
Sponge Jockey

How about stick with the Mille (I love mine) and get yourself a mini rotary?

Thinking of doing the same myself for those hard to reach areas that a big machine struggles with. Doesn't even have to be a Rupes/Flex so just to wet your appetite for the rotary and not loose money on the Mille.......
Gazwas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazwas For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (09-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Haha thanks Tony.

I actually don't care if it doesn't sell. It ain't like I don't like it I just fancy the Rotary. If it don't sell I'll just crack on.

£400 with the kit is a decent deal. It has only been used twice.

Rob

Rob, I'm sure I covered this view with you, but JIC not.
Did you used the Dedicated Mille compounds and wool pad's pad's?
The foam and especially the Blue are best put aside for now.
I know so many like to reinvent their own compatible compound and pads for it, but Rupes spent a lot of investment in the Mille to get both to cope with the tools working well, Friction, heat etc which is different to other DA etc.
Leave the off piste until you can actually ski well.
Why not get yourself another smaller tool like the LHR 75, its a very good addition and you know you will get decent deal on it. You need both really.
If and when you might ever get the Ibrid, you will be amazed at how versatile it is and glad you got it. It's a blinder honest.
Slowly slowly, though its all about the Sponduliks.

Last edited by Itstony; 10-07-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #10
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
Rob, I'm sure I covered this view with you, but JIC not.
Did you used the Dedicated Mille compounds and wool pad's pad's?
The foam and especially the Blue are best put aside for now.
I know so many like to reinvent their own compatible compound and pads for it, but Rupes spent a lot of investment in the Mille to get both to cope with the tools working well, Friction, heat etc which is different to other DA etc.
Leave the off piste until you can actually ski well.
Why not get yourself another smaller tool like the LHR 75, its a very good addition and you know you will get decent deal on it. You need both really.
If and when you might ever get the Ibrid, you will be amazed at how versatile it is and glad you got it. It's a blinder honest.
Slowly slowly, though its all about the Sponduliks.
Come on Tony... What are you trying to do?

You want me on the internet clicking buy all day!

I'll be honest I have not tried the wool pads on it yet. I did try the yellow foam and it's ok. The blue one has not been needed as it's like sand paper. I have used a Uro Fiber pad to correct a Mini and it was brilliant... I then used it to correct a fiesta bonnet and it was dragging!

The Adam's foam pad works well with Menzerna polishes! If no one is interested it doesn't actually bother me as it's a great machine. I'll just crack on and give the wool pads a shot.

I did see a guy on YouTube using it with wool and he said this machine is fantastic and it doesn't drag you like other force drive polishers!

Rob