Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 14-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #31
Jmax
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Another day, another purchase. Can't wait to try this out and see if it lives up to the hype.

Thanks for reading as always
Jmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #32
Jmax

Garage
Decided to go with the WD40 option, its getting there slowly.

Before

After

Just needs the finer nits tidied up, will hopefully get them sorted over the weekend

Old 16-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #33
sbrocks
PC Perfectionist

Have you tried Solution Finish on them? Davy @ Procar stocks it from memory, not cheap at about £15 for 50ml from memory, but I know I could justify the next size up bottle for £40ish !!
sbrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #34
Jmax

Garage
I’ve let the updates lapse a little or late, so this is going to be quite a big one.

I’m still using the BiltHamber SnowFoam, just playing around with the dilution rations to try and find what works best.

This was my first outing for the Fecks Philosophy H2O drying towel, and to say I was blow away with how good it is would be an understatement.

Hanging out with Frenchie, my coupe franche 208 GTI 30th Anniversary

With a brief break from the rain and having just cleaned the car I decided I would treat the glass with some Angel Wax H2Go.

Being just my luck, I was only to get one application applied before it started raining again, so I’ll need to get back to this when the weather picks up again.

The water on the car doesn’t seem to be beading too badly at the moment, I can’t wait till I can spend a bit of time on it when the weather improves.

After reading a few reviews about trim dresser I purchased some Gyeon Trim as it got great write-ups about longevity and easy of application.

Another purchase, this time in the form of foam dental swabs to apply the Gyeon Trim to the rear diffuser.

I decided to treat Monty to some dressy valve caps for the summer and if I decide to go to any shows.

Having had cheap metal valve caps in the past I know not to be leaving htem on the car for any length of time as they’ll basically weld themselves in place, so they’re going to be an on and off in the same day kind of thing.

I really like this tire dressing and have been using it for a couple of years now, so I decided to top up my stock of it.

I finally got around to applying the logo inlays purchased from DMB Graphics.

I’m happy with how they look, but maybe over the summer I might try either a different colour, of the gel inlay, as they aren’t overly expensive.

While the car was clean I decided to try a test area (the rear spoiler) and see how the Fusso Coat Light I had purchased for my Peugeot worked on the Fiesta.

I’ll just have to wait for a wet day to see what the results are like.

Time to dress the black plastic fins on the rear wheel arch…

The weapon of choice Auto Finesse Revive

I think you’ll agree it does the job nicely, plus it should last between a month or two before needing done again.

I think the next two shots show off the colour of the car perfectly and how it changes when the sun hits it.

Finally some rain to see how the Fusso has worked on the spoiler.

I’m more than happy with the beading, I’ll just have to wait till the weather picks up again and I can find a few days where the car won’t be needed so I can get it off the road and get it cleaned, sealed and waxed.

Even in the rain I love the look of the Fiesta.

Also, I noticed the beading on the windscreen from the Angel Wax H2Go is still working well.

Still using away at the Fecks Philosophy H2O drying towel, it continues to impress me every time I use it.

As luck would have it, just as I’m starting to enjoy ownership of the car, the first batch of snow hits us and the car is parked up until it passes.

Instead of it passing, it just seems to get heavier. It looks like the cars going to be parked up for a lot longer than first expected.

Of course, what do you do when you’re not wanting to take your pride and joy out in the snow? You’ve got it, surf the net for things to buy…

First up, I purchased the ST front mats that were missing from the car when I got it. I’m definitely going to save these for when the weather improves and keep using the rubber mats that came in the car.

Next up are some mist washers, because I hate the washers that came on the car. They look like a weak stream of ****, so can’t wait to get them off.

During the snowy spell, I spent a fair bit of time looking through the forums and Instagram looking at what other people had done to their cars modification/tuning wise and one thing that kept popping up was the MP215 upgrade.

[img]http://www.jmax.co.uk/montyst2/194.png/img]

After reading a lot of the reviews I had pretty much decided that I wanted to get it done, I just couldn’t decide if I wanted to get it dealer fitted or go for the kit with the handset and do it myself.

In the end, I decided to go for the dealer fitted option as I couldn’t justify the extra money for a handset I would hardly ever use again after the initial install of the software.

To compliment the MP215 upgrade I also decided to have the Billet Quick Shift fitted when the airbox was going to be out of the car.

After driving the car for a couple of days I decided it was struggling to get the new-found power down cleanly, so after a bit of research I found people suggesting upgrading the lower gearbox mount would sort this problem out.

After a bit of research and pricing around I decided to go for the Collins Performance mount, as the reviews were all pretty good and it was by far the best priced out there.

I gave a friend who owns a ramp a call, to ask if I could use it to fit the mount and he was more than happy to help.

While the car was up on the ramp I took the opportunity to make sure the breather pipe for the induction kit was ideally placed.

The old Ford gearbox mount

Old vs. New

It didn’t take long for me to get the new mount in place.

The best form of security/deterrent for the Fiesta.

Another Mountune goodie…

A clue as to what is it.

The first sunny spell after the end of the cold weather, time for another clean.

Time to fit the Mountune Lower Spoiler.

When fitting the spoiler, I did feel the supplied screws were just a bit too short, so I opted to go for ones about 5mm longer, just to make sure the spoiler was fixed in place nicely.

I love how it looks on the car, and I’m glad I jumped at the opportunity to buy it when Mountune had if briefly in stock again.

Still playing about with the dilution rates for the BiltHamber Snow Foam. I’m liking how think it’s being applied now, and I’m also finding I’m using a lot less of the bottle to cover the car.

Clean once again…

I love my Lego and my girlfriend was nice enough to track down the Lego Fiesta for me, when everywhere seemed to be out of stock.

I also bumped into a Lego Ford mechanic when searching through eBay.

My new mascot for Monty

I still check on a Clio forum I was a member of from time to time and I saw that they were arranging a meet, so I thought I’d tag along and check on how my old Clio was looking.

My old Renault Clio R27, still looking as good as the day I sold it.

The new owner says he’s only done 1000 miles since buying it from me.

During the meet one of the guys asked me if I would ever see myself back in a Clio, I told him about how I wasn’t overly fussed on the paddle shift in the new Clios and as for my old R27, the nest way I could sum it up was “It’s like an old girlfriend, yes looking at it still makes you smile, but I moved on for a reason”.

Last edited by Jmax; 27-03-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:19 PM   #35
Ruairi
Sponge Jockey

Great thread. Loved the Fiesta ST. Unfortunately insurance is too high for me. Hope to see it about sometime
Ruairi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruairi For This Useful Post:
Jmax (27-03-2018)
Old 27-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #36
Jmax

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruairi View Post
Great thread. Loved the Fiesta ST. Unfortunately insurance is too high for me. Hope to see it about sometime
Glad your liking the threat Ruairi, where about are you from?