Detailing World Forum banner

AG SRP, Wax, and GTECHNIQ C2

9K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  SciroccoCW 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, first thread on DW.. and first time detailing!

I have bought everything I need to start detailing my new VW Scirocco 2014, Oryx White, Black roof.

• - Bilt Hamber Auto Foam
  • - Auto Glym Vinyl And Rubber Care
  • - Nilco Glass Cleaner
  • - Halfords Upholstery Cleaner
  • - Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
  • - CarPro TRIX Iron & Tar Remover
  • - PoorBoys Wheel Sealant
  • - Bilt Hamber Auto Clay
  • - Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax
  • - C2 Liquid Crystal by GTECHNIQ

I wanted to know for the final stages if it is okay or correct to use AG SRP applying multiple coats, then Wax, and then the GTECHNIQ C2 Liquid Crystal Sealent.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,
Chris

See less See more
#6 ·
Applying C2 on top of DSW is probably not going to work very well - no LSPs will bond very well on top of wax, other than more wax!

So once you've done the SRP, you could either go to DSW and stop there (ideally use two coats) or you could apply C2, and stop there, or if you wanted to go nuts, apply C2, then apply DSW on top of that.

I'd choose one or the other (C2 or DSW) and just use that one. C2 can be diluted to use as a detailing spray to top up protection, or you can just periodically re-apply DSW over itself after a wash (not that you should need to do this very often, perhaps every three months - DSW is a very durable wax).

Or as an alternative, apply SRP all over the car, then put DSW on some panels and C2 on others, and see which lasts longest / looks nicest / has the best water behaviour, according to your tastes.

#9 ·
The way I would tackle the above, is some detailing spray. It sounds like it might be marring if it's not going away with a dry buff.

The other thing you can try with uneven coats, is apply some product again and remove immediately (rather than let it set up normally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#10 · (Edited)
Hmm I don't have any detailing spray.. I'll have to try adding small amount of SRP then buffing off :/

Yeah so some of the roof is fine but more of the center is just hazey, like there is excess polish to buff. Now I'm panicking!

Part of the roof kinda looks like the left side of this bonnet:

My other worry is I applied the same amount of polish over the whole car, but the car is white so presumably its harder to tell there is excess polish there too.. what can I do about that? So annoyed at my self. HELP!:wall:

#12 ·
Don't stress; once it's in the light, you'll be able to buff anything off. Tesco sells Simoniz Detailer for £2.50 or £5 or Halfords will do AutoGlym Rapid Detailer for £7

I've got some AutoAllure Show Finish QD you can have, send me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#15 · (Edited)
Okay, went and checked and the haze is gone, i think it might have been steelghosts suggestion of condensation as it was at sun set last night.

But, I just took the car to a local body shop, and to my ignorance I found out that the roof and spoiler is vinyl wrapped!!! So I clay barred a vinyl roof and polished it like a moron, :doublesho having no idea of the difference of paint/vinyl lol. (Lesson learnt) :wall: Lucky I didn't scratch it really bad or rip the vinyl up!

I am a beginner, this is my second car (upgraded from a corsa) Lots to learn...

#17 ·
Hi Chris,

One thing I would say is remember to use gloves when you are using the chemicals as its not nice on your skin.

I take it you are polishing by hand? If so the AG SRP is ok its a very filler heavy product so will fill in justa about all the below surface defects.

I would say there is no need to apply wax and then the C2v3 just go for the C2v3, the wax will evaporate/wear off quicker I also found it tended to attract dirt onto the surface more.

Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.