Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 14-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #11
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,700 Times in 2,856 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
I don't have one but I think they are an absolute must for guys like yourself chongo.

If I remember correctly, Jim from White Details had issues with his on the mains power too. Cant remember what the issue was or how it was rectified.

Hopefully you get it sorted out mate
I remember when Jim had his problems with his Ibrid, but his was power loss and mine now has lost of roatation which is not good. Looks like I'll be using my mini roatary for a while now till I get it sorted
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 09:14 AM   #12
garycha
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Donaldson View Post
What's the general reliability of these machines? I'm really tempted and have been squirling a few quid away to get one but had heard of a couple of problems.
I have also watched Rupes reliability for a couple of years. It's not so much the fact that things do go wrong, sometimes just out of warranty, on a premium princes product. Rather it is the appearance that disinterest and lack of support for Rupes products 'in the field'

It appears non-existent. I have yet to hear of Rupes doing something out of warranty just for good customer service.

For that reason, I bought the CYC ShineMate EP 803 mini rotary kit instead of the iBird. The 803 is s great bit of kit. I am not a heavy user, but there is not way that the iBird is worth the 4X premium.

Product quality extends from usage to longevity and customer support. Rupes appear to come up short in this dept.
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garycha For This Useful Post:
chongo (20-06-2018)