Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Palacemads3
Washmitt Meister

Lifeshine

Right... I've been a huge AG fan for years and have pretty much used the product religiously and has been the only product I've used for pretty much ten years. My last 2 cars have been brand new and have been extremely well looked after. I've regularly done a full detail, probably 4-5 times a year. My level of commitment (or as others put it, obsession) continues to increase. I'm currently waiting delivery of a brand new s3 saloon and my cleaning obsession is increasing again!

Does anyone know if lifeshine has recently been updated as I'm considering getting this put on to my car? Likewise I'm also considering g techniq as from what I have read this potentially lasts longer. My main question though is is it actually needed? Or if I regularly clean/detail my car do I need to bother?
Palacemads3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Dixondmn
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
When you say you regularly detail your own car are you talking about machine polishing?

If so, don't bother with Lifeshine. I'd always use gtechniq over AG, purely for durability and ease of application.
Dixondmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
Palacemads3
Washmitt Meister

Don't have a machine polisher. Always done my detailing by hand, although I am thinking about getting a das pro 6
Palacemads3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Mulder
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Firstly, sorry to drag an old thread back but thought this better than starting another one on the same topic.

A friend recently bought a brand new Jaguar F-Pace, that came with a LifeShine package. A few weeks ago, the car had a "little crunch" and is having the nearside repaired and the dealer wants to charge £500 to re-coat the car. My friend would like to know whether he can re-coat the car himself, using LifeShine products? I've seen the sealant for sale on eBay, is this okay to buy?
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
Squadrone Rosso
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
Firstly, sorry to drag an old thread back but thought this better than starting another one on the same topic.

A friend recently bought a brand new Jaguar F-Pace, that came with a LifeShine package. A few weeks ago, the car had a "little crunch" and is having the nearside repaired and the dealer wants to charge £500 to re-coat the car. My friend would like to know whether he can re-coat the car himself, using LifeShine products? I've seen the sealant for sale on eBay, is this okay to buy?
You won’t get a response from Autoglym but yes, those packs a perfect to buy.

Most come from main dealers / dealer staff, making you question what goes on the new cars?

I always DIY lifeshine my cars before the winter.

The interior & glass stuff is great. The external stuff, including the latest carbon stuff is ok.

Last edited by Squadrone Rosso; 07-03-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Squadrone Rosso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Squadrone Rosso For This Useful Post:
Mulder (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Mulder
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Thanks for the reply, any tips on application, that I could pass on?
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
Peteo48
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacemads3 View Post

Does anyone know if lifeshine has recently been updated as I'm considering getting this put on to my car? Likewise I'm also considering g techniq as from what I have read this potentially lasts longer. My main question though is is it actually needed? Or if I regularly clean/detail my car do I need to bother?
I must admit these (Lifeshine, Supagard etc etc) have always been sold to me as a way of avoiding any other aftercare other than washing with a PH neutral shampoo so I, personally, wouldn't fork out the £300 or so if I was a keen detailer. You could spend the money on some pretty good supplies.
Peteo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
Benfr16
Washmitt Meister

Garage
If your planning on paying a few hundred quid on life shine at a dealership, I would skip and take it directly to a professional detailer for a new car prep and ceramic coating. I bet there's not much difference in the prices and (I think) you'll get a better service if you go to a reputable detailer. It might be worth getting a few quotes and comparing.

AG lifeshine is sold by salesmen who don't often have much interest in the product but sell it as a miracle product. Alternatively, most rdtailers are massive enthusiasts who can tell you exactly what they've done and will know the products inside and out.

Nice car by the way!
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote