Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 17-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #11
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

The auto nozzle is £7.49 on cleanstore which is a bargain and definitely worth having, although their p&p charges are a bit steep if you are not ordering anything else at the same time. Not only does it give you a better spread for use on the car it also reduces the pressure slightly so there is no worry about causing damage to sensitive areas.

Perfectly cleaned have a quick release set for around 22 quid that includes 4 nozzles, a snow foam lance adapter and the quick release mechanism to attach to your lance. I’ve only used mine once so far but it worked brilliantly and is my new favourite tool.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcpx For This Useful Post:
tosh (19-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpx View Post
The auto nozzle is £7.49 on cleanstore which is a bargain and definitely worth having, although their p&p charges are a bit steep if you are not ordering anything else at the same time. Not only does it give you a better spread for use on the car it also reduces the pressure slightly so there is no worry about causing damage to sensitive areas.

Perfectly cleaned have a quick release set for around 22 quid that includes 4 nozzles, a snow foam lance adapter and the quick release mechanism to attach to your lance. I’ve only used mine once so far but it worked brilliantly and is my new favourite tool.
Its also rubbish for effectively blasting of snow foam and dirt compaired to the 25 degree nozzle,

Sure the auto nozzle will remove the snow foam but not much of the dirt, if your using the auto nozzle you may as well be using a garden hose as I have used the auto nozzle, garden hose and 25 degree nozzle and I can tell you wich one removes more dirt.

Why get the pressure washer out in the first place if your not utilizing it any more that you could a garden hose ?
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #13
garage_dweller
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Rinsing pre wash and rinsing soap after a wash are 2 different scenarios so take different pressures in my experience
That's why I use the variable nozzle for pre wash and the auto for post wash. The auto nozzle on it's own wouldn't be ideal though.
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #14
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
This is my nilfisk quick release adapter, with this you can attach any quick release extensions or snow foam lances etc.

It is composed of 3 separate pieces

This piece is the part that connects to the nilfisk lance

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F232483798858

This is the tube you want number 1 the 8cm option

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F331912182206

And this is the quick release adapter

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222514147418

If you didn't get any ptfe tape with one of the pieces, grab some and screw the 3 together and you have got yourself a quick release connection for your nilfisk and you can use any extension with one of these on the end of it https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F231559466622 I ordered a few and replaced the ones on my snow foam lances

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
BruceVolvo (18-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #15
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Forgot to add these are the nozzles, mine was an 035 but they have a chart you can work it out based on flow rate of you washer https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272098987949

Type in quick release nozzle on ebay you'll fine lots that will fit

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
BruceVolvo (18-05-2018)
Old 17-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #16
pxr5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
The link youve provided is a tornado nozzle, not one to be used on or near a car its like a spinning pencil of death.

The auto nozzle is okay but the spray pattern is at 80 degrees.

I opted to make my own quick connector that can use quick release nozzles like on the kranzle it allows me to use a lot more fixings if your interested ill get some pics when home
I think you're wrong \Rian. The one I linked to shows a variable nozzle - you can see the scale at the back. The one with the spinning spray is the Powerspeed Nozzle. Now a standard Nilfisk comes with a Tornado Nozzle and a Powerspeed Nozzle, neither of which are variable. Even though the one linked to at Cleanstore states a Tornado, it is in fact variable in the picture. I've just had a look at my old one and it does in fact look like the one in the photo and the one I think I'm after.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 08:10 PM   #17
.Griff.
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
I think you're wrong Rian. The one I linked to shows a variable nozzle - you can see the scale at the back. The one with the spinning spray is the Powerspeed Nozzle. Now a standard Nilfisk comes with a Tornado Nozzle and a Powerspeed Nozzle, neither of which are variable. Even though the one linked to at Cleanstore states a Tornado, it is in fact variable in the picture. I've just had a look at my old one and it does in fact look like the one in the photo and the one I think I'm after.
You're correct.

The "Tornado Nozzle" is the variable/twist one for, and I quote Nilfisk - "(variable power nozzle) – fan jet for general cleaning and rinsing"

The nozzle Rian was alluding to, that you wouldn't want anywhere near your car, is the "Powerspeed Nozzle" – "for cleaning stubborn stains and dirt".

I don't think the nomenclature helps.

Either way the "Tornado Nozzle" is definitely the right one. I have two Nilfisks and it's the nozzle I've used for years.
.Griff. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 09:14 PM   #18
pxr5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Griff. View Post
You're correct.

The "Tornado Nozzle" is the variable/twist one for, and I quote Nilfisk - "(variable power nozzle) – fan jet for general cleaning and rinsing"

The nozzle Rian was alluding to, that you wouldn't want anywhere near your car, is the "Powerspeed Nozzle" – "for cleaning stubborn stains and dirt".

I don't think the nomenclature helps.

Either way the "Tornado Nozzle" is definitely the right one. I have two Nilfisks and it's the nozzle I've used for years.
Yeah I think Nilfisk really confuse matters. I've just bought a new C110.7 and that came with a "Tornado" and "Powerspeed" Nozzle and neither are variable. My old Nilfisk C110.3 came with a "Powerspeed" and "Vario" nozzle, again neither were variable pressure. That's why I'm getting confused. The one I linked to is the only one I found which shows as variable, but called a "Tornado" which isn't (like this)
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #19
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
Yeah I think Nilfisk really confuse matters. I've just bought a new C110.7 and that came with a "Tornado" and "Powerspeed" Nozzle and neither are variable. My old Nilfisk C110.3 came with a "Powerspeed" and "Vario" nozzle, again neither were variable pressure. That's why I'm getting confused. The one I linked to is the only one I found which shows as variable, but called a "Tornado" which isn't (like this)
Sorry guys my misunderstanding of the standard nilfisk nozzles I stand corrected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
.Griff. (18-05-2018), pxr5 (18-05-2018)
Old 18-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #20
Harry_p

I rarely ever use the auto nozzle, pretty much only use the variable one and an aftermarket snowfoam cannon. Variable at high power for blasting off the muck and snowfoam, and on low to rinse after washing.
Harry_p is offline   Reply With Quote