Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #21
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
I do not think its a good idea to store the applicator in the top when not in use as it may soak up oils from the wax into the applicator and so dry out the wax
over time.
regards
todds
ps maybe autoglym can chime in here with an opinion
Great advice above,its exactly what does happen.
The sponge/foam/applicator will Soak up moisture from the wax.Did with a pot of HD Wax i have.I hadnt used it for over 6mths.Opened her up and it had dried up and cracked.Bought a new one.I love AG products and just about to buy the new version of HD Wax .

BB
Big Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #22
ash7jar
Sponge Jockey

Is this available in Halfords ?
ash7jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #23
ronb
Unwashed Member

I know nothing about detailing etc but having read the posts about Autogleam HD wax would like to know more. I have a Toyota Yaris Icon and am wondering whether it would be suitable for my car also, whether there have been any changes to the product for 2018? I don't want to purchase a current pot then suddenly find they have or are going to make improvements to the current one.
ronb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Thanked 1,651 Times in 850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.t View Post
I love HD wax.
How much is the new wax?
And is it the same size tub?
£54.99
You get 120g in the pot

Quote:
I do not think its a good idea to store the applicator in the top when not in use as it may soak up oils from the wax into the applicator and so dry out the wax
over time.
regards
todds
We would advise storing the applicator in a clan bag. It keeps it clean and minimises the risk of it picking up any contaminants. As for it sucking up oils, we wouldn't know, we have never stored them in that way.

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #25
66Rob
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I have had a couple of waxes over the years with the applicator in the tin itself P21s and Megs Gold Class Paste Wax. I would agree with above on both occasions the applicators seemed to become very sticky and in the case of the Meguiars one a little moldy.

I therefore wouldn't recommend storing in the wax tin.
66Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #26
GSVHammer

Garage
Quote:
over time.
regards
todds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bri View Post
Great advice above,its exactly what does happen.
The sponge/foam/applicator will Soak up moisture from the wax.Did with a pot of HD Wax i have.I hadnt used it for over 6mths.Opened her up and it had dried up and cracked.Bought a new one.I love AG products and just about to buy the new version of HD Wax .
BB
I didn’t mean directly on the wax. I meant store the sponge in the lid. That way when you pick up your wax pot up the sponge is with it nice and clean. The lid screws on to the wax pot but has a screw or pop style lid on its self for the sponge. All it needed was a deeper lid.
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #27
pxr5

Garage
I think this may have to be a birthday present to me as I have enough waxes to sink the proverbial battleship right now. Will certainly be getting a tub though.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pxr5 For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (18-01-2018)
Old 17-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #28
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

If you want to layer the wax how long should you wait to reapply the second layer?
mawallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #29
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Thanked 1,651 Times in 850 Posts
The wax can easily be layered to offer increased protection. If you are looking for increased protection it is important that you apply thin layers of wax than one thick layer of wax. Application and removal becomes significantly more challenging if you apply too much wax. A thin layer is all that is required.

We do not have a recommended wait time between applications.

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #30
bigkahunaburger
Orbital Oracle

I'm really looking forward to trying this. I've used hundreds of waxes and HD is amongst the very best of them, especially for ease of use.

I could understand dropping the amount or a price rise but both seems a bit much. Hopefully retailers will sell it for a bit below RRP.

The average home user will only need one pot if they use it correctly I suppose.

My main concern is talk of layering. A big draw of HD was that you only needed the one.

The bigger pot and applicator that fits look great. I love the way it properly preserves the wax and it sounds as though it'll be even easier to use than before. The lighter texture sounds great for putting down thin layers.

I think you should have stuck with the nice red Jag for marketing though.
bigkahunaburger is offline   Reply With Quote