Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #11
voon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Personally, I went 2160 TS T back then. Why? Solid waterflow to get dirt flowing away at proper pressure, relatively low bass hum due to low rotations, wheels because this thing is 40 KG superheavy and a hose drum to make life easier with these annoyingly stiff pressure hoses.

And yes, I also never regulate pressure, it's always at maximum. A normal "cleaning" nozzle on the front will not hurt your skin at a proper distance of say 40ish centimeters, it won't damage the car, either, just don't go too close. Just obviously don't use the dirt killer lance. That thing hurts from my experience of accidentally running it across bare feet

Last edited by voon; 11-05-2018 at 07:36 AM.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #12
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Thank you to everyone for their posts and help. But we've still not really answered the crux of my question. I know the 1152tst and the 20 whatever's are nice, but for my own sanity £420 (or thereabouts depending on the GB) is the absolute maximum I'm willing to waste on a pressure washer to just clean my car. So with that in mind and the quote below what am I losing out on quality or performance wise by buying the 1050tst. A HD7/10 is roughly the same price as the 1050tst but it comes with extras like the dirtkiller with quick release fittings and a hose reel, so they must be cutting costs somewhere on this consumer unit.

Maybe I'm better off posting this in the Kranzle forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
This was basically my thoughts as well, but I was wondering what the practical differences were with the 1050tst. This is the machine I'm leaning towards as it has everything I need, but I was concerned the parts used may be of an inferior quality to the HD machines which may mean less performance or shorter service life. I'm struggling to find what the actual physical differences are. If you take a HD7 to compare it to, they are both 7 litres a minute and 120 bar, but one runs at 1,400rpm and the other at 2,800, so must be different pump head and motor. Compare that to a HD10 and and one is 10 litres but both are 2,800rpm, so different pump head, but shared motor possibly?
Supa Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #13
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,240 Posts
I think the hose is of a lesser quality on Kranzle's "domestic" machines
fatdazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #14
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
I think the hose is of a lesser quality on Kranzle's "domestic" machines
The K1050 TST has a proper steel wire and rubber hose, the base model K1050 and the midrange TS variant are thermoplastic.

Last edited by steelghost; 12-05-2018 at 07:24 AM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
fatdazza (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #15
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
Thank you to everyone for their posts and help. But we've still not really answered the crux of my question. I know the 1152tst and the 20 whatever's are nice, but for my own sanity £420 (or thereabouts depending on the GB) is the absolute maximum I'm willing to waste on a pressure washer to just clean my car. So with that in mind and the quote below what am I losing out on quality or performance wise by buying the 1050tst. A HD7/10 is roughly the same price as the 1050tst but it comes with extras like the dirtkiller with quick release fittings and a hose reel, so they must be cutting costs somewhere on this consumer unit.

Maybe I'm better off posting this in the Kranzle forum?
William at Kränzle who monitors their forum for technical queries works be able to advise on the technical differences. Off the top of my head:

K1050 series doesn't have a pressure gauge, nor the ability to vary pressure on the machine.

The pump and motor (which Kränzle make themselves, in house) are sized for a typical domestic duty cycle, not commercial use - I don't believe the quality of manufacture is any less, but the professional machines have larger pumps, motors, bearings, etc, meaning they can run for hours a day, every day. In the limit, I believe the pro machines world have a longer service life, but for a typical home usage pattern that limit would not be approached and hence savings can usefully be made.

As noted, some of the 1050 series have thermoplastic rather than rubber and steel wire hose.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Supa Koopa (12-05-2018)
Old 13-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #16
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

Kranzle are not cheap, but they are good value and quality. I gave my Karcher away.
I have the Hobby 599 TST and recently bought the 1050 P which is like Dink Toy .... if anyone remembers those?
The Hobby is a blinding machine, but its limited on where you can take it. The 1050 P has turned out to be better than expected. I did post my comments on the machine a couple of months back, not sure anyone read it though.
It portability is easier than expected and I use it a lot.
The hose on the 1050 P is not up to usual Kranzle standards IMHO and being heavy handed I have to be careful not to kink it.
Good tip to search elsewhere than the UK. I bought 599 from Germany and the 1050 on Amazon Eu, which means they may take a couple of days longer as they come from Germany also unless stocked. Euros, pounds doesnt matter, whatever the final cost is to the pocket is what counts to me anyway and worth it.
Whatever Kranzle you buy it will be a well engineered piece of kit.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #17
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyman View Post
any link to that refurbed quatro?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132614263419
Old 14-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #18
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyman View Post
any link to that refurbed quatro?
Here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kranzle-Q...wAAOSwmOdaq4IF

This one is £350.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #19
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Well after checking my water flow from the tap in garage last night (over 16l/min) and a brief email back and forth with Kranzle I'm now leaning more towards a HD10/122.

Who wants to lay odds on how long it takes me to get sick of not being able to move it around easily and how much of a pain it is trying to coil the hose back up. I can see a hose reel in my future...!
Supa Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #20
Craighightower
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Could I suggest obsessed garage on YouTube. Matt is very keen on kranzle and does some really good informative videos on them. Just launched a new garage setup that is coming to uk.
Craighightower is offline   Reply With Quote