Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Alfieharley1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,296 Times in 1,015 Posts
Alfieharley1's ZX6R Ninja Project Thread

Hi All,

Well to summarise this will be my project thread. It will track what im doing with the bike. I am currently still doing my Bike tests. Currently CBT & Theory done (9th Feb) and now i'm booking a full day to see where I am at with the test

So I had the money ready and over 2/3 weeks I created a large spreadsheet with links to adverts. This had Specs, Age, Mileage, Condition, Previous owners, Make, Model.
I was originally looking for a CBR600RR but they had so many miles/Owners/ conditions poor & Mot reports with more advisories than I wanted.
I arranged to go see a bike on Sunday the 4th of Feb 2018 but had a guy in the morning come back to me on this ZX6R. This bike was only in Alfreton (Me being in leicester) was only 45minutes up the road so I arranged to go see this ASAP. The bike has no MOT but never had a advisory in its life and only covered a good hundred miles over the past 2 years. The gentleman was in the Army so was deployed and having a recent little girl never had chance.

Screenshot_20180213-084418

It was originally up for £3000 but managed to get it at a bargain £2600. The bike itself is a Ninja ZX6R 2007 C6F with 11527 miles on it.

So heres a picture of the Ad

Screenshot_20180210-214757

The bike it self looked in fantastic collection so it was loaded into the brother in laws Renault traffic and brought to its new home.

The bike itself will be stored in a door locked shed which for a shed is not bad. Painted, Floor tiles, Kitchen cabinets & my red bull fridge which holds all my detailing products

I finally managed to bring it out yesterday and start her up ticking over. She sounds a beast but i'm hoping to create it more into one
Here she is.

20180212_142214

20180212_142204

20180212_142224

I have recently spent a day on it so will update that accordingly but my plans are -
Change the Windscreen to a double bubble in light smoke (Ordered)
Change all the hoses to Braided (Ordered)
plus a LOT More but will not give away everything.

I am hoping to attend a lot of BSB,WSB & Motogp(Tickets ordered) on the bike aswell as even enter it into wax stock as something different and other shows.

Applications for sponsorships have been sent to 3 different companies so hopefully they come back to me. I am very brand orientated which you will see with this bike and loyal.
The hope is with the sponsorships to actually bring revenue to the companies seeing as they are mostly car related. This may bring a lot more motorcycle riders money to them

Thats it for now & if you have read this so far thank you very much!

Ride Safe

Sam

Last edited by Alfieharley1; 13-02-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Alfieharley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfieharley1 For This Useful Post:
horico (13-02-2018), stonejedi (13-02-2018)