Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 09-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
dazzlers82
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
rupes v das6

Hi all,

im gonna order a new polisher over the next week or two and i was set on getting a das6 pro plus 15 or 21mm throw and a few accessories but ive been thinking to myslef is it worth going and getting a rupes 15 or 21mm but without as much kit, im no pro but i have no issue with using a polisher and have done many a detail on my own and others cars as per some of my threads on here, but is it worth the extra cost for say 5-6 details a year or not. Whats your thoughts ?
dazzlers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,925 Times in 2,247 Posts
Garage
Only you can decide if it’s worth it.

I say Yes, others will say No!

Both machines are capable of achieving the same results. However, if you appreciate a machines build quality and the resulting feel, sound and lack of vibration you will pay the extra for the Rupes.

Alan W
Alan W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan W For This Useful Post:
dazzlers82 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
AndyN01

I'll follow my mantra.....

Keep It Simple.

So, what is it about your current DA that doesn't allow you to produce the results you'd like?

Is your current polisher kaput? Does it bog down? What makes it frustrating to use?

Maybe you could put out an ask to "borrow" some other ones on here and try out a few to see what suits you. I don't go for the "...what's the best polisher..." stuff because there's too many variables - most of them human! Think Junkman .

If you'd just like something else that's fine. You've got a DA, maybe something different, how about a rotary? And we're back to trying things out to see what fels good to YOU and what results YOU want to see.

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful as such but perhaps just a way of looking at what you do next.

Let us know.

All the best.

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 09-03-2018 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #4
dazzlers82

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'll follow my mantra.....

Keep It Simple.

So, what is it about your current DA that doesn't allow you to produce the results you'd like?

Is your current polisher kaput? Does it bog down? What makes it frustrating to use?

Maybe you could put out an ask to "borrow" some other ones on here and try out a few to see wht suits you. I don't go for the "...what's the best polisher..." stuff because there's too many variables - most of them human! Think Junkman .

If you'd just like something else that's fine. You've got a DA, maybe something different, how about a rotary? And we're back to trying things out to see what fels good to YOU and what results YOU want to see.

Sorry if that's not particularly helpful as such but perhaps just a way of looking at what you do next.

Let us know.

All the best.

Andy.
Andy,

my bad i should have ellaborated more, i have 2 megs g220 one packed up on me mid through a detail so i quickly brought another both havent had much use but where out of warranty period, they did send me new brushes but to with such little use i didnt expect it to be them anyway. I have a rotary so dont require one of them and im quite happy with it being faairly reliable but the megs im not hence why im looking for a new da but this time with a longer throw as ill keep the g220 for any small sections with a small pad and use the longer throws for the bigger work.

Alan,

i do prefer quality and i would prefer less vibration etc, this is why im thinking rupes but im in 2 minds as for how often ill use it would i just be better getting more pads etc with the money i save.??
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlers82 For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #5
Rían P

Garage
I've a rupes 15 mk1, and all I can say is that it is simply unreal. Having done a side by side comparison with the Argos DA, the difference in quality, sound, vibration and results was pretty extreme. Until i used the Argos DA i didn't perhaps realise how good a Rupes machine is.

5/6 times a year i think is common enough to warrant one. It does make life a lot easier. Also, 15mm suits me the best and i don't think the 21mm would be as practical unless you've loads of big flat panels
Rían P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rían P For This Useful Post:
dazzlers82 (09-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #6
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,925 Times in 2,247 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlers82 View Post
Alan,

i do prefer quality and i would prefer less vibration etc, this is why im thinking rupes but im in 2 minds as for how often ill use it would i just be better getting more pads etc with the money i save.??
Sorry to repeat myself but, as I said above, only you can decide if it is worth paying the extra money.

I can't help you decide only advise the benefits that spending the extra money brings and you seem to appreciate these.

However, you pays our money and makes your choice based on your priorities, ie a better machine or more kit.

Alan W
Alan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #7
dazzlers82

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rían P View Post
I've a rupes 15 mk1, and all I can say is that it is simply unreal. Having done a side by side comparison with the Argos DA, the difference in quality, sound, vibration and results was pretty extreme. Until i used the Argos DA i didn't perhaps realise how good a Rupes machine is.

5/6 times a year i think is common enough to warrant one. It does make life a lot easier. Also, 15mm suits me the best and i don't think the 21mm would be as practical unless you've loads of big flat panels
i think im heading the rupes way, just need a good mothers day discount code now