Detailing World Forum banner

Valet Magic Vs Massive overhaul on a Ferrari 360

17K views 30 replies 25 participants last post by  Teddy 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Its been a while since posting any projects on DW as its just been so busy with lots going on but thought I would start making an effort :thumb:

Stuart brought this 360 approx 8 months ago and always felt that the previous owner didnt really appriciate the fact he owned a Ferrari and neglected it slightly.
There was alot of small jobs to do for the owner to really tidy the car up like the slam panel and interior repairs and then there were the jobs to be done to make it his own like the colour change and adding of the carbon fibre vinyl to the interior.

I will leave you with the pics so you get a better idea of what we did :thumb:

Check here for daily updates at VM HQ:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAGIC-Automotive/348645965213222#!/pages/Valet-Magic/176383185726477

Thank You for looking.

Take Care

Robbie

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#19 ·
I would be very worried if the quality of maintenance of the car extended to the engine and drive train. Wonderful transformation though on your behalf, court is out on the verdict of the colour but then its not my car so am sure the owner would be a chuffed as little apples with it..

#20 ·
Um.... probably going to get flamed/banned or something as it feels like wandering into a lion's den, but I'm genuinely puzzled! Am I the only one looking closely at these photographs and not feeling 'convinced'? No offence whatsoever intended, and maybe I've spent too much time around REALLY fussy people, but to my eyes:

Using spray can paint for scuttle panel - not convinced that'll last?

In a couple of the pics, car nuts and bolts have been left on the leather seat. Doesn't grease and oil stain, permanently?

The recoloured seat bolster doesn't appear to be a colour match?

The painted brakes have over spray on the rubber seals. Also, the stickers are going on last? Why would you not stick them on earlier and lacquer over?

The alloy interior trims that have been repainted look pretty patchy, but then I suppose they've been wrapped which hides it?

And the wheels are some of the worse refurbing I have seen, really uneven - you can see it from a mile off!

I don't post often in DW - a Ferrari owner sent me a link to this and asked my opinion - plus I don't do much detailing of my own these days and I don't know the OP from Adam so maybe I'm missing something, but there just looks like a lot of back slapping going and I don't get it?

:confused:

#23 ·
Using spray can paint for scuttle panel - not convinced that'll last?

The painted brakes have over spray on the rubber seals. Also, the stickers are going on last? Why would you not stick them on earlier and lacquer over?
What makes you think rattle can paint won't last?

I've had a look at the calipers and they look fine to me. And maybe they didn't want to lacquer over the stickers lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.