Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #1201
Rowan83
Serial Car Changer
 
Rowan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lancashire, UK
Posts: 6,258
Thanks: 2,097
Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,406 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Just ordered an A6 Avant Black Edition 9x23 £204 including maintenance 5k miles
Does that inc VAT? How much deposit?
Rowan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #1202
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,576
Thanks: 1,617
Thanked 6,535 Times in 4,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Just ordered an A6 Avant Black Edition 9x23 £204 including maintenance 5k miles
Surely there won't be any maintenance over 10,000 miles and 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan83 View Post
Does that inc VAT? How much deposit?
9x204 is the first payment.
Kerr is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
DrEskimo (19-12-2017), sshooie (20-12-2017)
Old 19-12-2017, 12:39 AM   #1203
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
DrEskimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,780
Thanks: 653
Thanked 967 Times in 710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Surely there won't be any maintenance over 10,000 miles and 2 years?



9x204 is the first payment.
That's what I was thinking....how much extra was adding the maintenance?

My S5 over 21months and 14k miles needed 1 service at £250. I had 3 punctures but I don't suppose the maintenance will help you out there...?

I guess the second service was due around the 24m mark though....I guess you don't have the option of handing it back early with a lease, so perhaps you are always liable for both the minor and major service routines?
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 07:50 AM   #1204
andy665
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,745
Thanks: 800
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post

I guess the second service was due around the 24m mark though....I guess you don't have the option of handing it back early with a lease, so perhaps you are always liable for both the minor and major service routines?
On cars with 12 month service intervals it's very common practice to have the first service a little late (but still within the warranty/ manufacturer guidelines) and then return the car a couple of weeks early, thus avoiding the last service

Last edited by andy665; 19-12-2017 at 10:56 AM.
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy665 For This Useful Post:
DrEskimo (19-12-2017)
Old 19-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #1205
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
DrEskimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,780
Thanks: 653
Thanked 967 Times in 710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy665 View Post
On cars with 12 month service intervals it's very common practice to have the first service a little late (but still within the warranty/ manufacturer guidelines) and then return the car a couple of weeks early, thus avoiding the last service
Yea that sounds sensible.

I know for Audi's there is a fix term and flexible service schedule, so apparently depending on your driving you might not even need the first service until 2yrs/20k miles.
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #1206
Rayaan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Rayaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,536
Thanks: 954
Thanked 1,095 Times in 852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristle Hound View Post
Audi A6 1.8TFSi Black Edition Saloon 4dr S Tronic

24 month PCH (1+23)

No initial deposit
24 months @ £299.13 / month incl. VAT
8000 miles / year

Admin fee's - £299.99 incl. VAT

https://leasecars.online/product/aud...-4dr-s-tronic/
Good value no doubt but that engine is a dog.
Would it really be cheaper than buying outright? Not so sure because it's got £10k+ off retail at the minute

Last edited by Rayaan; 19-12-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 01:58 PM   #1207
andy665
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,745
Thanks: 800
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
Yea that sounds sensible.

I know for Audi's there is a fix term and flexible service schedule, so apparently depending on your driving you might not even need the first service until 2yrs/20k miles.
I took the maintenance package out on the M135i - full maintenance including all consumable and tyres - worked out at £21 per month - its on 14k now and won't need a service until next May, just before its handed back. Had one front tyre replaced due to a slow puncture but will probably need at least a pair of rears in the next couple of months - tyres alone have made the maintenance worthwhile
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #1208
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
DrEskimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,780
Thanks: 653
Thanked 967 Times in 710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
Good value no doubt but that engine is a dog.
Would it really be cheaper than buying outright? Not so sure because it's got £10k+ off retail at the minute
Almost certainly, assuming you don't want many options of more mileage. 8,000 isn't horrendous and Black Edition is pretty well specced.

Total Lease cost = £299.19*24 + £299.99 = £7,480.55

Same car RRP = £36,950 - £10k discount = £26,950.
Predicted trade in value at 2yrs/20k miles = ~£18k
Total = £8,950.

On a PCP that would be £300 up front and £460 per month.

So if you assume + £2k for private sale, then it could be about £500 cheaper, but that's not certain...

I certainly think it's questionable whether it's cheaper than a 1yr old version bought outright and then traded in when 3yrs/30k miles, before the warranty expires. But the 1.8TFSI is just released so hard to tell.
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #1209
Rayaan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Rayaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,536
Thanks: 954
Thanked 1,095 Times in 852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
Almost certainly, assuming you don't want many options of more mileage. 8,000 isn't horrendous and Black Edition is pretty well specced.

Total Lease cost = £299.19*24 + £299.99 = £7,480.55

Same car RRP = £36,950 - £10k discount = £26,950.
Predicted trade in value at 2yrs/20k miles = ~£18k
Total = £8,950.

On a PCP that would be £300 up front and £460 per month.

So if you assume + £2k for private sale, then it could be about £500 cheaper, but that's not certain...

I certainly think it's questionable whether it's cheaper than a 1yr old version bought outright and then traded in when 3yrs/30k miles, before the warranty expires. But the 1.8TFSI is just released so hard to tell.
Where does the predicted trade in value come from on such a new vehicle?

I've found predicted trade in values are nigh on impossible to get as low as. It's like they expect the car to be battered when given in
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #1210
Tom_the_great
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Tom_the_great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 910
Thanks: 298
Thanked 275 Times in 191 Posts
Afternoon all,

Looking for some help... Had a company car for the last 5-6 years but recently changed role so thats gone back now im needing to get my own car.

I've had a read of this and some other forums but only just getting my head around PCP/PCH etc, seems to be the only way to go unless you have a bag full of cash (which i dont to buy out right).

What should I be looking for? whats a good vs bad deal? any tricks to be aware off?

Car will be used mainly for nice trips to nice places rather then the daily grind. Mileage wise will not be more than 10k per year, not tied to a brand or anything so happy to keep options open..

where do I start? oh budget wise around the 200 per month mark
Tom_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors