Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Painting/Spraying & Bodywork All topics relating to vehicle repair bodywork and painting, respraying etc.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
Sp3no
Washmitt Meister

Nissan Dealer Ruined the Wifes Car

Right then, the wife took her 2 year old Nissan Juke to the Nottingham Sandicliffe Dealership with a gearbox issue and whilst the car was there they kindly valeted it for her
To my utter disgust this is what I was met with the following day when I went out to the car!!
These scratches cover every inch of every panel on the car from the front to the back, they go in straight lines down every panel, the scratches are so deep I can feel them with my nails.
Is it too far gone to polish out or is it a paint job. There are also numerous much deeper scratches up to 18 inches long which look like they have gone through the paint!!
I have raised the complaint with Nissan, I have a case officer but im not sure what course of action to be pushing for.
I don't want to be left with wafer thin clear coat after they G3 the hell out of it
Excuse the pics its so hard to photograph scratches, it looks a million times worse in the flesh and where you don't see scratches in the pics, trust me there are scratches there too.
HELP!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (78.2 KB, 501 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (97.9 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (97.1 KB, 447 views)

Last edited by Sp3no; 01-12-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Sp3no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #2
Sam534
Washmitt Meister

I guess you just need to push that you won't be satisfied without a respray, or take some paint depth measurements to back up your argument with data

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk
Sam534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #3
wysol2
Washmitt Meister

I think some pro detailer is able to core it and bill nissan for it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
wysol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
GP Punto
PC Perfectionist

I think that this has the potential to go very wrong.

I would take some legal advice but listen to what the dealship has to offer first of all.

Not sure that I would be happy with a respray and once you accept that as a solution you cannot go back and take, for example, a newer juke with no cash to pay.
GP Punto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #5
DLGWRX02
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,346 Times in 916 Posts
Garage
From past experiences, and also from others I know who have experienced Nissan duke ownership, that the paint on them is about as hard as melted chocolate, so I’m no way surprised about this. I wouldn’t settle for a dealership rectification either. Go pre armed with some quotes from pro’s, more than 1 for a comparison and see what they offer you.
DLGWRX02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
Nanoman

Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,005 Posts
Garage
Easily polish out. Do not under any circumstances let them sort it themselves no matter what promises they give they will make it worse not better. If they won't contribute just suck it up and sort it yourself or at your own cost.

A good glaze will fix it temporarily until you get it done properly.
Nanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #7
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,151 Times in 4,819 Posts
Garage
Ive had a lot of success claiming off of main dealers for damage caused, even had a car replaced.
My advice would be tell them you are going to see an independent tradesman for an appraisal, le them know the cost and that they will be paying.
Get a detailer to document the car both dirty and clean so they have proof they didn't cause the damage. Get images and video of the damage, and a quote to fix it.

This is very important, don't be aggressive or arrogant. You want a resolution not a fight. Don't stand for anything less than what you want, which is for the car to NOT be "detailed" by them (if they could do a proper job they would have done it in the first place). Make sure they know you will happily take things up with trading standards should they not offer an acceptable resolution, and once again let me double down, don't be a prick about it or ask for too much, you want an easy resolution and thats what you should offer them.

Don't let things spiral out of control and dont allow them to be lazy either
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
BTS (02-12-2017), Chris Dyson (05-12-2017), Citromark (03-12-2017), scuba-phil (14-12-2017), sshooie (01-12-2017), ted11 (14-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
sshooie
Orbital Oracle

Top advice imo ^^
sshooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #9
cleslie

Garage
I don't know what annoys me the most - that dealers do this to cars or the way they look at you like you're completely insane when you tell them you do not want your car washed by them.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cleslie For This Useful Post:
Citromark (03-12-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #10
JCoxy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I work for a nissan dealer in their bodyshop, I'm afraid when bodyshop or service cars are cleaned they just get cleaned with a brush and a single bucket of TFR, I'm afriad that's how it is, we don't go all out and detail everyones car once its done

You and everyone on here are a minority who loves their detailing and picks up on stuff like this, the paint isn't butchered at all, a quick buff over will sort it
JCoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JCoxy For This Useful Post:
BTS (02-12-2017)