Detailing World Forum banner

Hello to the Newbies Please Support the forum

299K views 186 replies 162 participants last post by  vsideboy 
#1 ·
:wave:
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

Please read the rules HERE so that you know how we like to run the forum.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .

G
#5 ·
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .
Hi this post will get me my TEN so can you post a list of the abreviations used, it is doing my head in trying to convert them.

Cheers and a really great forum so far I have spent money! started to get the E240 into a reasonably and presentable state and am about to try to sort the paintwork out on my CV (?) :confused:

#19 ·
Yes very helpful. I'd be pretty drained trying to figure out everything from scratch.

Any chance of having a logo for the web page icon? I don't know what you guys call it but when i create a bookmark from a site, i generally have a little picture of some sort automatically generated from them. Detailing world however doesn't have one! :(

#11 ·
Hello From the Guy in France

Hello all,
I have been introduced to the forum by my daughter, Jay, who recently holiday'd with us in France. During her stay she managed to take some pics of my barn/garage/workshop/store which she has posted to your site. I have to say that she has prompted me to do something about the organisation of this great space and I am trying hard to get some organisation going (honestly Jay). The trouble is that the organisation of the barn is just one of many ongoing projects that I am involved in just now and I need to prioritise - usually in accordance with the weather. However, I still feel very priveliged to be able to do what I want, when I want, which, quite often, means that I work on my car- the renovation of a factory TR8.
What Jay didn't mention when sending the pics is that during her stay she introduced me to the process of claying by practicing on my BM. I have to say that I am totally convinced by the process and manage to get 'beading' 'flake popping' as well as a 'rainproof screen'. I unreservedly love it!!!!! Love it!!!

#13 ·
:newbie:

Hello Guys

Pleasure to be here!

My name is Darren, i am 29 years old & have been detailing cars for 12 years professionaly, i also detail private jets & helicopters which is a lot different from detailing a car.... long story if you want to know why ask.

I have detailed cars & aircraft all over the UK for private clients & done this with out any advertising all purly on word of mouth, My UK business has been handed down to my brother who took over when i aquired the exclusive rights for the South of France for SWISSVAX, we are based in Monaco and provide a high end detailing service for the super rich fom all over the world!

It has not been easy to get to this, detailing life started out for me at the local Vauxhall dealer i was there 3 years, then i was head hunted by the local Audi dealer as head valeter for thier new showroom i was there a year then moved on to BMW where i worked for 2 years, i left due to illness then set up on my own when i was better & ive never looked back.

I have lost count many years ago of how many cars ive detailed but its a lot!

I have pictures but due to client confidentiality i have to be carefull in what i post.

I look forward to being on here!

Darren

#25 ·
Newby

Hi
I am Darran from Varna, Bulgaria.
I have been looking at the forum for a few weeks now and decided its time I introduced myself.
I am British, but have lived in Bulgaria for 5 years now. I currently drive a Q7 in Black, less than 1 year old and it has serious amounts of swirls in the paintwork. At somestage in the near future I will attempt to remove the swirls but obviously I need to learn how.
Any help and advice on best methods, equipment and products would be much appreciated.
:newbie:

#26 ·
Just Arrived

I have.

Been Detailing for many years mainly friends and family, ok cleaning cars but over last 2 years I have been more on the detailing side.

I looked at the forum a few times and I must admitt it is staggeing the knowledge I don't have in particular using a rotery, I some how don't feel comfortable. I need some tuition and that is for starters. A lot of the products I use do have quite a few mentions so I presume I'm on the right track but to all so far your tips are invaluable.

Thank you.

Is this too long winded. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.