Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > ODK Wax
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ODK Wax Our aim is to offer luxury car care products but at a realistic price point. All our waxes are handmade and hand poured in the UK, focusing on looks, performance and protection. Only the finest ingredients go into our waxes including high grade T1 carnauba and bees wax, as well as other waxes along with an array of high quality fruit and nut oils to give the very best results. All our waxes come in a high quality 50ml, 100ml and 200ml black glass jars, the 200ml waxes come in our luxury boxes and an applicator pad.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
smittylube
Unwashed Member

Lunacy 2 + review

Long time lurker here.

A bit of my history- always a believer in wax and wash with no soap to leave as much wax as possible. Been a carnauba fan no abrasives for decades.
My thoughts and beliefs are if there is enough protection then the grime and such will fall off with an easy spritz and wipe.

I typically only wax every few months or longer. And washing is not consistent and could be a month or longer in between.

To me polish takes off clear coat and if you keep your car for more than a decade then the clear may go away.

Today my story starts with my 15 SQ5. When I bought it I found this forum and Obi Dan Karnoubi.
I messaged Dan and he was super helpful. I bought some sterling, eclipse and entourage. He shipped it over the pond out to California.

I started with sterling and then lunacy the next wax. Most times spritzing with entourage after a wash if time did not permit a wax.
My car sits out all the time day and night.

This week I received my Lunacy 2 with the mini pads and purple buffing towels.

Excited to apply I washed my SQ and went to town. As always there is a distinct fruit flavor smell associated with Dans wax and this is no exception.
It took me a few panels to get used to the smaller coverage area of the mini pads, but did find them to work excellent after all. Also figured out how to apply just a super thin layer. This made it super easy on and off. Ended up barely making a dent in the can when done with the top of the car.

I typically rate my waxes with a melted butter feel and this one is amazing. As well there was no streaking or swirling that I have seen from other big name high production waxes.
Lunacy has IMO the best feel of all and the look is a deep glo.
This is the easiest to apply so far.

The purple buffing towel is softer than any micro fiber I've used ever. So much so that you could get one for your little girl as a snuggie.... Super nice.

I've found that Dans waxs coupled with the entourage in between has kept my
Audi paint looking like the day I drove it home. This is far better long term results than any other waxes I've used the pact few decades of car ownership.

Thanks Dan for making such superior products.

I received some momentum and attire that I have not had time to apply yet, but I will comment in those when time permits use.
smittylube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smittylube For This Useful Post:
banarno (04-10-2017), dazzyb (02-10-2017), JR1982 (21-10-2018), Obi- Dan Karnubi (16-10-2017), Welshquattro1 (01-10-2017)
Old 16-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #2
Obi- Dan Karnubi
DW Sponsor + Wax Developer

Thanked 2,147 Times in 809 Posts
Hi mate,

Glad you got them finally lol. Thanks for posting up your thoughts mate much appreciated.
Obi- Dan Karnubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
smittylube
Unwashed Member

I used Lunacy 2 again and after a few weeks washed with water only, then touch up with entourage as usual. Could feel plenty of Lunacy slippery left on the paint.
Immediately after that I washed the wife's car and then entourage as usual and that really told the story of the Lunacy lingering on my paint since i did not use Lunacy on her last wash.

One thing I really like about the lunacy is absolutely no swirls on application. It really covers smoothly and entirely.

I can only speculate Lunacy 3 to be even better. Each load of product I receive ends up better than the last.

I just wish it were easier to pick up on this side of the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to smittylube For This Useful Post:
Obi- Dan Karnubi (21-10-2018)
Old 21-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #4
Obi- Dan Karnubi
DW Sponsor + Wax Developer

Thanked 2,147 Times in 809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittylube View Post
I used Lunacy 2 again and after a few weeks washed with water only, then touch up with entourage as usual. Could feel plenty of Lunacy slippery left on the paint.
Immediately after that I washed the wife's car and then entourage as usual and that really told the story of the Lunacy lingering on my paint since i did not use Lunacy on her last wash.

One thing I really like about the lunacy is absolutely no swirls on application. It really covers smoothly and entirely.

I can only speculate Lunacy 3 to be even better. Each load of product I receive ends up better than the last.

I just wish it were easier to pick up on this side of the world.
Hi mate, thanks for the update. We are working on getting products over to the USA as soon as possible, we have a distributor ready to go, we are just sorting insurances and we will be ready to go.
Obi- Dan Karnubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
noddy r32
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Hi can you still purchase lunacy 2
noddy r32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
smittylube
Unwashed Member

From the excellent first products I purchased 4 years ago to the Lunacy. I would put money on the Lunacy 3 to be better than L2. For me all of Dans products have exceeded my expectations. I have not tried everything out there from Dan or other wax makers by any stretch, but I own a small business and appreciate the small vendors so for me it's a no brainier. But it's the quality and performance of the waxes and the entourage that have really proven themselves to me. I used the entourage each wash and never used soap. My cars live outside and my paint on my Audi IMO looks almost as good as day one. The Lunacy really gave it a deep waxed look even possibly deeper than the Glamor.