Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #11
66Rob
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
66Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 977
Thanks: 546
Thanked 343 Times in 302 Posts
Wow looks great.

Where is the best place to buy the Glare product SG?
66Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 66Rob For This Useful Post:
steelghost (28-10-2017)
Old 28-10-2017, 09:23 PM   #12
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,470
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,062 Posts
Garage
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182808579900



Don't hang about, this is the last UK stock being sold...
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
66Rob (28-10-2017), Fentum (28-10-2017), savvyfox (29-10-2017)
Old 28-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #13
66Rob
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
66Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 977
Thanks: 546
Thanked 343 Times in 302 Posts
Cheers will have a look now
66Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 66Rob For This Useful Post:
savvyfox (29-10-2017)
Old 28-10-2017, 10:03 PM   #14
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,103
Thanks: 877
Thanked 1,213 Times in 737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182808579900



Don't hang about, this is the last UK stock being sold...
I just bought one set. Three left according to the inventory.

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
savvyfox (29-10-2017)
Old 29-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #15
Beemerjohn
Washmitt Meister
 
Beemerjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 101
Thanks: 49
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Garage
This looks very interesting, was this all done by hand?

Would you say this is a valid alternative to machine polishing?

For the hobbyists daily driver of course.

John.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beemerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer
 
dchapman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 1,875
Thanks: 798
Thanked 1,189 Times in 847 Posts
Garage
Yeah
Glare is the perfect alternative to traditional cutting correction
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
Beemerjohn (29-10-2017)
Old 29-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #17
muchoado
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 499
Thanks: 1
Thanked 240 Times in 232 Posts
awesome
muchoado is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muchoado For This Useful Post:
steelghost (29-10-2017)
Old 29-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #18
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,470
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,754 Times in 2,062 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerjohn View Post
This looks very interesting, was this all done by hand?

Would you say this is a valid alternative to machine polishing?

For the hobbyists daily driver of course.

John.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did all the work with a DAS6 Pro and a polishing pad. Spreading the polish on speed 1, them working it in on speed 6.

You absolutely could do it by hand, although it would take longer to get the same results. But a firm polishing "puck" like the white Scholl one would take some of the strain out of it. They key with Glare is to use minimal amount of product and work it in as hard as you can.

I found this article on the web about using Glare:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/swirl-remover/

They're using Spider followed by Pro. The thing to remember about Glare is that you always need to finish with at least one layer of Pro, which seals in the work you've done with the preceding stages. But as you can see by the illustrations, it does fill in the light "spider webbing", and the correction you can see there is in line with what I would expect from my own experiences using the system.

All that said, even a fairly "tame" DA eg the one Argos sell will help you cover more ground more effectively than you could by hand (and with less arm ache).

Last edited by steelghost; 29-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Beemerjohn (29-10-2017)
Old 29-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #19
Beemerjohn
Washmitt Meister
 
Beemerjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 101
Thanks: 49
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I did all the work with a DAS6 Pro and a polishing pad. Spreading the polish on speed 1, them working it in on speed 6.

You absolutely could do it by hand, although it would take longer to get the same results. But a firm polishing "puck" like the white Scholl one would take some of the strain out of it. They key with Glare is to use minimal amount of product and work it in as hard as you can.

I found this article on the web about using Glare:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/swirl-remover/

They're using Spider followed by Pro. The thing to remember about Glare is that you always need to finish with at least one layer of Pro, which seals in the work you've done with the preceding stages. But as you can see by the illustrations, it does fill in the light "spider webbing", and the correction you can see there is in line with what I would expect from my own experiences using the system.

All that said, even a fairly "tame" DA eg the one Argos sell will help you cover more ground more effectively than you could by hand (and with less arm ache).


Thanks Steelghost

I've not come across this product before and was wondering if this was the miracle I was looking for, I was thinking I could get away with buying a DA.

I tried cleanser polish by hand on a couple of panels and it's too much hard work for me .

It looks like a DA is staying on the Christmas list then.

John


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beemerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #20
danwel
Distinguished Detailer
 
danwel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Whitby
Posts: 7,187
Thanks: 1,447
Thanked 2,406 Times in 2,018 Posts
Garage
I had a go with Glare on my previous car and whilst i admit i do like it is quite time consuming.

I did something similar in that i gave it a quick whizz round with a normal polish to take the edge of a lot of the swirls and marks which helped a lot.

The finish of the glare and topped off with ADS Kostos was really really nice
danwel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danwel For This Useful Post:
savvyfox (29-10-2017), steelghost (29-10-2017)
Reply

Tags
correction, glare, paint, polish, scholl


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors