Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 17-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #11
ncd
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

They are great little cars, so easy to drive around town, but can easily hold their own on motorways etc. I have the UP!'s sister car, the Skoda Citigo (Colour Edition) and people are surprised home roomy they are inside and also how nippy they are on the road. Good choice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
ncd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ncd For This Useful Post:
c87reed (17-04-2018)
Old 17-04-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,070 Posts
looks al-white does that!

i'll get my coat........

does look good, except the seats, but thats just my taste i suppose
bidderman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bidderman1969 For This Useful Post:
c87reed (17-04-2018)
Old 17-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #13
Steve_6R
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderman1969 View Post
looks al-white does that!

i'll get my coat........

does look good, except the seats, but thats just my taste i suppose
I actually quite like the seats, and they're pretty comfortable, but they are very subjective.

Nice car OP! Got a soft spot for these after having one as a courtesy car

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Steve_6R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_6R For This Useful Post:
c87reed (17-04-2018)
Old 17-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #14
Forsh

Garage
Looks great!

Does fuel 'go off' after 18 months? - theoretically at that mileage it could still have the original juice in it!?!

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsh For This Useful Post:
c87reed (17-04-2018)
Old 17-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #15
robertdon777

Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,358 Posts
Garage
You realize that for most journeys a small basic car with decent interior space and good visability is better suited to 99% of daily use than a bigger car with loads of gizmo's.

All these cars with driver aids etc only have them because the cars are too big in the first place for town driving.

Hyundai i10's are great little cards too.
robertdon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to robertdon777 For This Useful Post:
c87reed (17-04-2018)
Old 17-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #16
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
The OH’s dad got a Skoda Citigo a few years ago. At the time, me and the GF laughed at it and thought what an awful thing. We just thought that he was being tight as he does earn over 60k. Initially, I wouldn't have picked the 60ps engine but it really does do an ample job in this car and we've covered a good few varied routes: hilly, dual carriageways etc.

It's very true that simplicity makes a lot of sense, the Corsa really helped us think about what we wanted from the car. The only thing that I would’nt have minded was a trip computer but this one is only one step up from the lowest spec. It's so easy to clean, no fancy recesses or grills, which is a bonus. It also makes the garage seem a lot bigger lol.

The Fortaleza alloys are just about right on it (or rather the GF), we didn't want anything too large or any diamond cut rims. Shouldn't be too easy to kerb these ones with their size. The seats are quite comfy, and I reckon they'll wear better than the ones in the Corsa.

I do think that the Up GTI would be a fun car to drive judging by this, although I wouldn't say it's really a full-on GTI; 14k seems like a lot but then again the price of each new model seems to jump up. Fuel was 72p a litre when I got on the road in 2003, so could be a good choice for cut-price thrills. Last year I drove just 4k miles in the ST, as we tend to grab take the most economical vehicle unless it's a nice day or a good driving route/road.

Good point re the fuel, as I had never even thought about it. It had a quarter of a tank on collection so in theory it could have been brimmed when new and ran on that ever since. We've brimmed it up now though.
c87reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #17
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Well on the back of the above, I went to test drive the Up! GTI below:

It performed really well, it always felt pretty urgent and more importantly eager, and it stopped well enough too. It had good tractable power from very low revs. The sound of the engine really surprised me, manufacturers are obsessed these days with sound symposers - the Up! sounded like a Porsche flat 6. My current Fiesta ST with the MP215 and Milltek would pull away from it relatively easily once in 3rd/4th I expect but I rarely used all of the available power and so based on that I don't think that I'll have any less fun in the new car. One of my old cars, a Corsa C 1.8 SRI, is still one of my favourites. It was never as focused as anything that you can buy today, but is was slightly less firmly sprung and seemed to handle Bury's broken tarmac well. I always had a right laugh using the modest 125 bhp.

There are long waiting times for build dates. The car has all the equipment that I want in standard form. I fancied red or white probably preferably white although the GF's Up is also white so I thought I wouldn't mind it to look different to her's. A car in that standard configuration could take up to 42 weeks.

I went with a dealer ordered Up! GTI 5 door in Tornado red with the optional black roof. The car is due in July/August. The car was also specced with the Cruise and park pack. The struck at a little below the list price of the standard car and so I am happy with the deal. When I have been online around other forums, I was surprised to see a number of comments from people who are trading in bigger and more performance focused cars for these little Up! GTIs.

Last edited by c87reed; 22-04-2018 at 11:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to c87reed For This Useful Post:
Peter D (22-04-2018)
Old 24-04-2018, 07:06 PM   #18
Sport Driver
Sponge Jockey

It must be nice car, love driving my 1.0 75HP one, great handling in this car, sometimes it feels more stable in corners then Clio IV.
But GTI is different kind of beast, I have driven it's competitor, Twingo GT and it is hilarious fun, small revy engine, nice gearbox, I have driven some much more powerful cars but there never is as much fun in them as in those small cars.

Poslano z mojega XT1650 z uporabo Tapatalk
Sport Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #19
ibiza55

Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,359 Posts
Garage
Lovely jubbly, a small car being a small car properly.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 08:29 PM   #20
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Driver View Post
It must be nice car, love driving my 1.0 75HP one, great handling in this car, sometimes it feels more stable in corners then Clio IV.
But GTI is different kind of beast, I have driven it's competitor, Twingo GT and it is hilarious fun, small revy engine, nice gearbox, I have driven some much more powerful cars but there never is as much fun in them as in those small cars.

Poslano z mojega XT1650 z uporabo Tapatalk
I've heard a few say that the 75ps model is a revvy little unit. The 90ps TSI can easily be remapped to match the power of the GTI I believe too. I do like the wheels on the white Up, there's an identical one parked near me with the chrome mirror caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza55 View Post
Lovely jubbly, a small car being a small car properly.
All cars just grow and grow; you only have to look at the latest Polo to see that. The next redesigned Up in the coming years will probably end up the same size as the previous Polo.