Detailing World Forum banner

Car sealant

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  dchapman88 
#1 ·
i've had loads of help the last few days about Gtechniq & Gyeon products.

both sealants i will be using 100% but i don't know who to go for on my show car.

Keep in mind i have never used the sealant before so who should i use not product side since i know what i'm using on both Gtechniq & Gyeon but who for the cement sealant etc

Gtechniq will be CSL + EXOv3
Gyeon will be GYEON - Q2 Prime Kit or GYEON - Q2 Mohs

Adam from Gtechniq has been amazing with his help and the community & the DW community for Gyeon..

i'm just stuck in the middle, both amazing but i want the best for my car/easy etc ..:newbie:

thank you all!

P.S please don't think i'm being rude and picking and chosing i've never been down this route before and wanting best for myself and the car etc <3

See less See more
#2 ·
In terms of application, I believe Gyeon is by far the easier to use.
Both will give a great finish, providing the paint is in flawless condition before.

I'd go with Gyeon to be honest if it's your first time using that sort of sealant.

One other alternative you could look at would be Nanolex Si3D. Relatively easy to use and gives an excellent slick glassy finish with epic amounts of gloss. I've used this on a few different cars now and the finish has been great on all.

#3 ·
In terms of application, I believe Gyeon is by far the easier to use.
Both will give a great finish, providing the paint is in flawless condition before.

I'd go with Gyeon to be honest if it's your first time using that sort of sealant.

One other alternative you could look at would be Nanolex Si3D. Relatively easy to use and gives an excellent slick glassy finish with epic amounts of gloss. I've used this on a few different cars now and the finish has been great on all.
Just looked a nanolex some good products but might stick with gyeon?

#4 ·
Will you be applying it yourself bud? If so out of the two I'd go for Gyeon products. As it's for a show car it needs to be bang on so my advice would be get yourself some Tac System Shine and practise on another car. At only £30 it will give you some valuable experience of applying a coating. With some certainty if you get high spots using CSL it will look dark in those places and will need a machine polish to remove. If you really want show car looks with ceramic type protection I'd be going for Kamikaze ISM or PolishAngel Cosmic V2. :thumb:

#7 ·
Yeah i'll do appying myself mate - was thinking like you saying due to being a show car cleaning is important so with the products it be easy once arrived.

I'm guessing you have a garage to apply the sealant in and keep it dry for 24 hours afterwards? Otherwise you'd be better off with a traditional sealant IMO
yeah mate got my own garage to apply

This is actually a really interesting thread for me as my mum is collecting a 17 plate Merc CLA next Saturday and she has asked me to show it some love and then put a decent sealant on top so she has to do little in the way of cleaning :)

It is a toss up between Nanolex Si3D, Carbon Collective Oracle and potentially Gyeon.

I am a little stuck for choice. I want it to be easy on/off but I need bags of gloss (obviously)

I was leaning towards Carbon Collective, but like the look of Nanolex.
The price limit is £50 really so kamikaze is outta the equation :(
guess i'll be here all day looking at all different products :( haha

#6 ·
This is actually a really interesting thread for me as my mum is collecting a 17 plate Merc CLA next Saturday and she has asked me to show it some love and then put a decent sealant on top so she has to do little in the way of cleaning :)

It is a toss up between Nanolex Si3D, Carbon Collective Oracle and potentially Gyeon.

I am a little stuck for choice. I want it to be easy on/off but I need bags of gloss (obviously)

I was leaning towards Carbon Collective, but like the look of Nanolex.
The price limit is £50 really so kamikaze is outta the equation :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.