Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 20-07-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
ovolo
PC Perfectionist

Smile Fusso !

I am coming to the end of my tin of Fusso “dark“ wax, I had bought it as the LSP for my Metallic Black one series Beemer. However I’m now the owner of a new Audi S3 black edition in Ara blue. I’m happy with the results of Fusso and don’t really want to change but I’m wondering as the car is now blue as opposed to being black would I be better to buy the Fusso Light version instead.

All opinions and views would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
ovolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Lovely car by the way the S3. You'll no doubt get lots of advice but I always wonder about the light and dark versions of wax. Not sure it really matters tbh.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
ovolo (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
alfajim

I got the light when I had a silver car. Now I haven't but I put it on everything and it looks great.
alfajim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alfajim For This Useful Post:
ovolo (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
Deje
PC Perfectionist

The dark variant contains more PTFE according to Forensic Detailing Channel.
(light or dark doesnt matter if in doubt pick dark)
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deje For This Useful Post:
ovolo (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
ovolo
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
The dark variant contains more PTFE according to Forensic Detailing Channel.
Fusso Coat by Soft 99 review demo overview - YouTube
(light or dark doesnt matter if in doubt pick dark)
Thanks Deje, I’ve watched a few different reviews on YouTube including this one, but just wanted peoples opinions and experiences of using the two different waxes. I may even buy the “LIGHT” version anyway and compare it side by side on the car.
Old 20-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
Deje
PC Perfectionist

I started with Detailing 96-97 when cars had no clear coat, there was wax for different colors, but these waxes content color pigments, cars with a clear coat, I can not see how a wax should be better for some colors, not even for light and dark cars.
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deje For This Useful Post:
ovolo (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Harry_p

I'm still on my original several years old tin of dark and have been happily using it on black, dark blue, light blue, silver and white cars!
Harry_p is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry_p For This Useful Post:
ovolo (20-07-2018)
Old 20-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #8
ovolo
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_p View Post
I'm still on my original several years old tin of dark and have been happily using it on black, dark blue, light blue, silver and white cars!
Thanks, I didn’t know if there were any different additives in the two waxes that would enhance the specific colours of car. As Deje says, I remember the colour magic type waxes that just had loads of pigment in but were not any different in composition apart from the colour.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:08 AM   #9
Bulkhead

Garage
The light version has cleaners whereas the dark doesn't. Dark should produce a better result unless you haven't prepped well. This was from the Soft 99 guys in a previous post.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 03:28 AM   #10
shelton
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
I started with Detailing 96-97 when cars had no clear coat, there was wax for different colors, but these waxes content color pigments, cars with a clear coat, I can not see how a wax should be better for some colors, not even for light and dark cars.
As a general rule: White/Light waxes have more solvents/abrasives than Black/Dark, and this difference is more dramatic the further back in time you go.

In the case of Fusso Coat, the difference is small enough that both can be said to be compatible with any colour. We will leave it up to your preference.

And yes, you are right - compared to the days of single-stage paints, the need for different waxes has significantly diminished. So while some of our older waxes have a big difference (not just pigmentation) between the Light/Dark versions, more recent waxes (including Fusso Coat) have much less difference, and are compatible with any colour.

It is fair to say that the Light/Dark versions would probably not exist today if they hadn't been necessary in the past, and they are now a continuation of an established product development and presentation tradition. This has become much less necessary since everything became clear-coated, but most consumers have not been aware of this change, so the Light/Dark distinction was continued, with gradually reducing differences between the versions.

All that said, they are slightly different so people may prefer one over the other. Just that with modern waxes, that difference has incrementally become dissociated from the actual colour of paint.
shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shelton For This Useful Post:
alfajim (25-07-2018), Devilman (25-07-2018), ovolo (25-07-2018), Tykebike (02-08-2018), westerman (16-08-2018)