Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 08-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #11
Jethro1961
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 mad View Post
Did you order the MTM foam canon with that Mosmatic lance? and can a Autobrite snow foam lance fit?
I already had a foam cannon so I didn't need the Mosmatic one. I forgot to get the right quick release fitting though so I had to get one separately but it works great now.

Jethro1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro1961 View Post
I bought a Kranzle 1050TST recently and found it to be a great machine but I felt it would be greatly improved with quick release sockets and a better gun and lance. Having found it difficult to identify what I wanted locally I took the plunge and ordered a sprayer and wand solution with quick release disconnects from Matt at Obsessed Garage in the US.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...-wand-solution

It wasn't cheap and I also had to wait a few weeks while he got more stock in but I have no regrets at all as it has made my use of the washer so much better. And using my foam lance with the smaller gun is way better too (BTW you need a 1/4" female plug to connect the foam lance).

He also has a quick disconnect package for the original Kranzle gun but I strongly recommend the new gun and lance. My only regret is that I didn't buy the swivelling sprayer.

Was looking at this from Obsessed garage too.. Did you get stung with any import duty?
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #13
Jethro1961
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
Was looking at this from Obsessed garage too.. Did you get stung with any import duty?
No, but I have no idea why not In the past I have always been hit on US imports, such as some stuff I bought recently from AMMO NYC.

Don't know whether it was a mistake but for obvious reasons I decided not to enquire
Jethro1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jethro1961 For This Useful Post:
Trix (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro1961 View Post
No, but I have no idea why not In the past I have always been hit on US imports, such as some stuff I bought recently from AMMO NYC.

Don't know whether it was a mistake but for obvious reasons I decided not to enquire
That's great.. well done. Can be hit and miss from US.. I heard UPS are the worse for getting hit with duty.

Are you going to do a little review?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:32 AM   #15
davep
Sponge Jockey

Hi - I have exactly the same Kranzle set up as you have and have been looking for suitable QR connectors for ages! However, I’m a bit confused by the links (sorry!) one shows the male connector for the snow foam lance, the other appears to be for a “kit” with different spray nozzles. Did you use the “snow foam” male connector for each of the Kranzle fittings? Also what female connector did you use? I am impressed with how compact these are. Thanks for your help!
davep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #16
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Has anyone seen/ bought from these guys in NYC?

https://www.esotericcarcare.com/mtm-...annon-pro-kit/

They seem cheaper then Obsessed Garage?
Old 09-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #17
Croques
Sponge Jockey

Garage
European stuff shipped to the States; put together in a package with a US foam cannon; resold at a profit; UK buyer pays VAT on inflated import price back to the UK.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

Why MTM foam cannon? Suttner ST-73.1 with a gauze foamer or Suttner ST-73.2 without the gauze, if you want a stainless steel cannon.

Last edited by Croques; 09-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:48 PM   #18
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
European stuff shipped to the States; put together in a package with a US foam cannon; resold at a profit; UK buyer pays VAT on inflated import price back to the UK.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

Why MTM foam cannon? Suttner ST-73.1 with a gauze foamer or Suttner ST-73.2 without the gauze, if you want a stainless steel cannon.
I hear what you are saying so I thought I'd do some research.. Still can't find a better deal for the same products this side of the pond.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #19
Croques
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
I ..... Still can't find a better deal for the same products this side of the pond.
Hey ho UK dealers are on the make too, then.

What I don't understand though is the need for stainless steel. Isn't that meant for food grade cleaning jobs?
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:06 PM   #20
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
Hey ho UK dealers are on the make too, then.

What I don't understand though is the need for stainless steel. Isn't that meant for food grade cleaning jobs?
If you're lucky enough not to get stung with import duty and even with the terrible exchange rate it still works out cheaper.. If you are off on your hols stateside or visit on business they are happy to deliver to your hotel.

As I understand stainless steel lasts longer.