Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 18-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #31
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,618 Posts
I’d take a look at the Nomad cordless pressure washer. Comes with it’s own onboard water tank, which makes it easier, but also heavy!!
Naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:22 PM   #32
fishersj
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb975 View Post
I've just placed an order for one of these as Amazon are doing the full kit for £113 at the moment. It is out of stock at the moment, so looks like I'll have a few weeks to cancel if I change my mind.

Do current owners think it will be worth it for my usage?

I have currently got a Karcher K5 and access to a tap in my garage. The main hassle with Karcher is getting it's own hose straightened out at the start and put away at the end. That is taking about half of the total time I allocate to a 'quick wash' now!

I am currently looking for a non-kinking, more flexible hose for my Karcher, but this machine doesn't work out that much more expensive and might have other uses.

The specific questions I have are:

1. Is snow foaming useless compared to a proper PW?

2. Is the pressure reasonably good? I am looking for something far more powerful than a tap with regular hose, but realise it is going to fall short of a proper PW. The comment above that a regular hose would be better concerns me a bit, but I guess that is using it fed from a bucket rather than a tap?
I have a Karcher K5 Eco and Worx Hydroshot and as a pressure washer, I think you will be disappointed with the Hydroshot.

I used it a couple of weeks back on my Abarth that wasn't too dirty. One big advantage it has over the K5 is you can use warm / hot water in the bucket that is supplied with it. I pre-sprayed the car with Bilt Hamber Auto Foam and this in combination with the hot water did a good job of removing 95% of the dirt. I then continued with my two bucket wash and the Hydroshot hooked up to a hose. It did a good job but it was quite a slow process. For the very dirty C-Max, I got out the K5. Difference was like night and day.

Having said all this, the main reason I bought the Hydroshot was to use rain water from the water butt to give the cars a final rinse and not have to dry them. The fact I can fill a bucket with harvested water was a major plus for me as running a hose from the Water Butt was a not going to happen. I'm also hopefull that in the winter, the fact you can use it to get the majority of the salt off your car as described above and then use rain water to rinse it off would be another big plus.

In addition to the above, it has also done a great job of cleaning muddy wellies, cleaning mud off the patio and because it has less power, I'm going to use it to clean the UPVC round the home without me getting soaked in the process. I've also read people use it to clean shower enclosures because of its portability.

I didn't try the foam bottle that comes with it as I apply the Bilt Hamber with a pressure sprayer.

Not sure whether any of this helps you but just my honest opinion. Good luck whatever you decide on.
fishersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 03:09 PM   #33
daveb975
Sponge Jockey

Thanks for all of the opinions. I think I'll cancel the order for the Worx and put the money into a decent hose/reel for my K5.

I should have done it earlier, I just find it a bit galling that the reel/hose is about the same prices as the K4 Full Control is itself on the current Amazon deal!
daveb975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 08:42 PM   #34
ikon66
PC Perfectionist

Can you use the hydroshot from the water mains or just from a bucket or trough etc?

Cheers
ikon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:32 AM   #35
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikon66 View Post
Can you use the hydroshot from the water mains or just from a bucket or trough etc?

Cheers

You can, just don’t open the tap all the way. Apparently the manual says not to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tosh For This Useful Post:
ikon66 (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #36
TonyH38

Had one since they first came out, very handy for when the car isn’t that dirty saves lugging the power one out and goes a reasonable job and I think they have now doubled up on the battery power
TonyH38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyH38 For This Useful Post:
ikon66 (01-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #37
toni

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to toni
I have recently bought a Hydroshot as I don't have access to running water. It's good for the occasional blast of wheels, wheel wells, dead bugs and other hard to reach places.
It's better than a hose due to the higher pressure, but no match for a pressure washer as it has very low water flow. For people who don't have access to a pressure washer but want to have the option of pressure washing some areas of the car it's good enough.But I don't see it used for washing the entire card.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to toni For This Useful Post:
ikon66 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #38
tosh

I bought my Hydroshot, because washing wheels with a pressure sprayer or watering can wasn’t cutting it.

The Hydroshot is perfect for wheels, arches, bumpers, scuttle panel, all the fiddly bits basically. Good for engine bays as well, since it’s low pressure.

But getting rid of soap off large panels would /does take ages. You can do it but you wouldn’t want to do it every week, defeats the purpose of it saving time.

But you can get a soda bottle attachment and jet wash your shower or window frames as well, so it’s a handy little tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #39
ikon66
PC Perfectionist

I’m getting the car gtechniq ceramic coated and was wanting to use this as a first and last stage rinse. Just seems so much less faf than getting a pressure washer

Plus the full kit is reduced to £99 today on amazon
ikon66 is offline   Reply With Quote