Detailing World Forum banner

Just bagged the job from heaven

7K views 46 replies 34 participants last post by  IanA 
#1 ·
To say I am excited would be an understatement. Have just been successful at interview for a valeting position at a Jaguar dealership and I start next week! I am over the moon! :buffer: < me polishing a Jag lol

#15 ·
Ive worked in Vauxhall, Ford and Peugeot dealerships and would walk out if they treated vehicles like that. Its peoples hard earned money that pays for these cars and I like to think they are getting a decent service. I walked out of one dealer after the transporter hit a tree causing substantial damage to three new cars. They were sent to the bodyshop for new roof panels, bonnets, screens etc before being sold as 'new' I was disgusted.

#18 ·
when the xk goes to the dealer it also goes with the big DO NOT EVER WASH THIS CAR. trust me you won't be allowed to wash the cars your way. there's just not enough time . or money to be made ,

but congrats on the job ,you never know you may show them the error's of there way's or why some customers put sign's up like me.

#19 ·
congrats fella nice work there, just reading the post about the 3 car which were sold as new.... you may or may not know when the cars come off the ferrys they are transported to a holding yard i say transported..... i mean raced and any damage done is not reported it just parked as close to the next car as pos and then when they come to be moved the damage is found and repaired .... I only know this myself as I know a few lads who used to work doing the repairs and one used to bring the cars off the ferry

#23 ·
Valeting. They have just had a new manager who is a stickler for quality. He asked me about my idea of valeting and I explained that swirly paint, dirty inside of alloys etc etc are not acceptable and he liked the sound of what I was saying to him. I told him I used to detail classic E type Jags, Aston Martin DB5's etc and I think he wants me to improve standards. Fingers crossed I can

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.