Detailing World Forum banner

Long lasting tyre dressing, your recommendations.

18K views 66 replies 46 participants last post by  tarbyonline 
#1 ·
As per title I'm looking for a tyre dressing that lasts. Currently using dj supernatural and the finish just doesn't last long at all. Something that stays put for 1-2 weeks without being washed off in the rain would be great.

#2 ·
I found Serious performance tyre&trim dressing to be great and long lasting (lasts 3-4 weeks depending how much I drive and the weather).

Also Wolfs chemicals blackout is good and looking and long lasting (3-6 weeks again depending how much I drive and the weather).

Be sure to properly degrease every tyre before applying any dressing for durability.

#3 ·
A lot depends on the weather - rain or dry weather, if the tyre is properly cleaned before applying any dressing and also how many miles you drive. I have used Meguirs All Season Dressing on tyres, when I was doing 500 miles per week, in all types of weather, rain etc, and generally got about 3 weeks before there was a major drop off on the dressing. I know use Autosmart Highstyle and get about 2 weeks depending on the weather

#5 ·
Have used a fair few now and for me on Conti 5s Gyeon Tire for winter/wetter weather.

In drier weather when you obviously get longer out of a product anyway CarPro PERL leaves a nice finish but have starred to use Swisvax Pneus and that's pretty much my favourite.

#35 · (Edited)
Have used a fair few now and for me on Conti 5s Gyeon Tire for winter/wetter weather.

In drier weather when you obviously get longer out of a product anyway CarPro PERL leaves a nice finish but have starred to use Swisvax Pneus and that's pretty much my favourite.
Thanks for that - I use CarPro PERL, want to try Gyeon and Pneus

What do you like about Pneus over PERL - the look or longevity? Worth the money?

My personal recommendation for a long lasting dressing is

Solvents:
- Espuma RD50 - bling for a day, then satin sheen for weeks
- AutoGlym Rubber Plus - similar to RD50, but doesn't last as long, doesn't sink into the tyre either. Not sure you can even buy this any more

Water Based:
- Sonax Rubber Protectant - I think the code is 230200 - it's basically gummi fledge in a can (Gummi is 230000). Solid black tyres for a very long time
- 1z Rubber Protectant - again in a can, I believe this is also their version of Gummi, just in a spray can. Definitely can't buy this any more

#23 ·
Hmm a bit odd, I've not experienced that before with T1.
If you haven't already I'd suggest scrubbing the sidewalls with a brush and APC - BH Surfex HD or g101 etc, rinse then reapply once dry.

cheers

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.