Detailing World Forum banner

Fusso !

14K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Trix 
#1 ·
I am coming to the end of my tin of Fusso “dark“ wax, I had bought it as the LSP for my Metallic Black one series Beemer. However I’m now the owner of a new Audi S3 black edition in Ara blue. I’m happy with the results of Fusso and don’t really want to change but I’m wondering as the car is now blue as opposed to being black would I be better to buy the Fusso Light version instead.

All opinions and views would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
The dark variant contains more PTFE according to Forensic Detailing Channel.
Fusso Coat by Soft 99 review demo overview - YouTube
(light or dark doesnt matter if in doubt pick dark)
:thumb:Thanks Deje, I've watched a few different reviews on YouTube including this one, but just wanted peoples opinions and experiences of using the two different waxes. I may even buy the "LIGHT" version anyway and compare it side by side on the car. :car:

#10 ·
As a general rule: White/Light waxes have more solvents/abrasives than Black/Dark, and this difference is more dramatic the further back in time you go.

In the case of Fusso Coat, the difference is small enough that both can be said to be compatible with any colour. We will leave it up to your preference.

And yes, you are right - compared to the days of single-stage paints, the need for different waxes has significantly diminished. So while some of our older waxes have a big difference (not just pigmentation) between the Light/Dark versions, more recent waxes (including Fusso Coat) have much less difference, and are compatible with any colour.

It is fair to say that the Light/Dark versions would probably not exist today if they hadn't been necessary in the past, and they are now a continuation of an established product development and presentation tradition. This has become much less necessary since everything became clear-coated, but most consumers have not been aware of this change, so the Light/Dark distinction was continued, with gradually reducing differences between the versions.

All that said, they are slightly different so people may prefer one over the other. Just that with modern waxes, that difference has incrementally become dissociated from the actual colour of paint.

#8 ·
Thanks, I didn't know if there were any different additives in the two waxes that would enhance the specific colours of car. As Deje says, I remember the colour magic type waxes that just had loads of pigment in but were not any different in composition apart from the colour.

#15 ·
F7 may work, offer some protection ? Dark has had a good following, any experience of the Water Stain Protection Wax...from Fusso, suggested it can be used as a sacrificial layer over ceramic....

Check out..Albertlow on 101 Autogeek...some interesting information.

Plus all those guys who remember Alfred from Art de Shine he is coming back on DW so some new products also called AdS360....plus attending #waxstock19

Artdeshine.sg

John Tht..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.