Detailing World Forum banner

Abarth 595 - Work in Progress

9K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  AOCBMG 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

This is my first attempt at detailing so i'm pretty pleased with the results, the car hadn't been washed possibly for up to a year.

I did a decontamination wash which cleaned up the wheels quite a bit but left them with black / brown streaks as shown in the before photo's.

1) Citrus power pre-wash
2) Iron out
3) Wonder Wheels
4) Autoglym SRP
5) Mint Rims Wax

I spent just over 2 hours on 1 wheel! then the rain came, so 1 down 3 to go!

See less See more
#2 ·
Get yourself some KKD Devils juice. Will make quick work of those wheels! Good work on the first one though, 2 hrs is some real dedication but once it's done as long as you keep on top of it going forward cleaning will be a breeze [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
You've that wheel looking great. I guess you are lucky no corrosion had set in....
There is possibly a bit around the nuts, it looks slightly bubbly, that's the only way i can describe it.

No-one to blame but myself though, some damage is to be expected, its a 16 reg & I've probably washed it less than half a dozen times.

Its going to be traded in soon though so i'm pretty much just practicing on it so i can do a better job on the next one.

Wife thinks i'm mental, neighbour even came round to see what i was doing to it i was there that long!

#11 ·
Wifes Evoque

OK so this isn't my Abarth but seems silly opening another thread for it.

Had a go at my wifes Evoque, first attempt with spray wax & pretty pleased with how it came out.

Also first time i've done glass with 2 cloth method & amazed how much easier it was!

Need to get the tar off it when i next get hold of it!

#13 ·
So got some time to give the car a good going over with all the new products!

This is a comparison, the wheel i cleaned for 2 hours vs a wheel i didn't. Both wheels after just a citrus spray & rinse

Then snow foam with AH Auto Foam

Now i got a bit mixed up here trying to get the dilution right, so i filled my snow lance with water, sprayed the contents into a bucket except it was going nowhere.

So in the end i got 20 Litres of water in the bucket for 200ml from the snow lance, which i worked out would give me 100L for the full 1L snow lance bottle, so at 4% dilution i need to have 4 litres of auto foam in my 1 litre bottle.... which obviously is a problem any ideas what i did wrong?

I then did Iron X on the body work & wheels

Then contact wash before claying the car

Then contact washed the car again, which left me here, nice & clean but swirly.

Autoglym SRP all over

Swirls slightly improved but not a great deal, hoping another few goes might bring it out better

Autoglym Fast glass & then Aqua Wax

Very happy with the over all finish

#16 ·
Use a hard toothbrush it puts emphasis on the spot you are doing does take time although very effective.

Try #AutoSmart #smartwheels or Sonax All Wheel Cleaner, do not let the product dry with the #AS..

Did some wheels that had never been cleaned, the car was 15 years old.

John Tht.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.