Detailing World Forum banner

What did you buy?

40K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Shopnshine 
#1 ·
Morning all,

What did everyone manage to get then?

I will post a picture later on due to only having 4 hours sleep last night.

:detailer::buffer:

#7 ·
Haven’t got a picture but I bought:

A dooka waxstock edition mitt
Dooka wheel mitt
Dooka wheel shampoo and glass cleaner
Klin wash mitt, drying duo and some glass cloths
Tac moonlight and quartx max
KKD citrus magic
BH auto foam
Some brushes and spray bottles
Infinity wax wheel sealant and at it was 2 for £15 I got their bug remover to try.
Gyeon wet coat
Ceramic applicator and suedes
Angel wax h2go
Got a couple more polishing pads
Autobrite evasion air freshener

Now if it could just cool down a bit so I can try them out without being able to fill my buckets up with sweat that would be great.

#8 ·
Can't remember everything, but...

Sonax CC36 and Perfect Finish
Optimum Big Red Sponge and Wash Coat
Soft 99 random stuff (sponges, tyre shine, clay, spray on glass sealant)
GTechniq QD and C2v3
Koch Chemie FSE

I actually went to get some Klin Korea stuff (wash mitts and pads) but completely forgot to investigate, so ended up with an In2Detailing wash pad instead

#16 ·
That's some money spent lol.

I found it difficult this year as most stalls didn't see the need to price their product's and then we're too busy to be asked 'how much' every 2 minutes.

I didn't go last year and was looking forward to it but was very disappointed.

I don't think I will be going again.

#19 ·
That's some money spent lol.

I found it difficult this year as most stalls didn't see the need to price their product's and then we're too busy to be asked 'how much' every 2 minutes.

I didn't go last year and was looking forward to it but was very disappointed.

I don't think I will be going again.
It's a tricky thing to do and let me explain why.

I'm sure all traders are the same, but we go with a planned discount in mind but until you get there and have a snoop what the others are doing it's hard to settle on anything. Obviously we want to be competitive on the day in order to offer the visitors the best deal and also to not go home with a full van.

These prices could shift on the morning of the show and to try and get round pricing hundreds of products in a short space of time is difficult.

However, we love having feedback from the shows and I know we will and i'm sure the others guys will act on it and improve, hopefully tempting you to attend a future Waxstock! :)

#25 ·
I'd say Autobrite were probably busy because of their discounts, not so much because items were priced.

Different kettle of fish when you know you're going to be the cheapest / only seller there at the show, you can spend the time pricing items etc.

As mentioned above we as a multi brand retailer want to remain competitive with both the manufacturers and the other re sellers.

However we will take this on board and implement pricing next year and im sure the other offenders will do also.

Dom
It is refreshing to see someone actually take the constructive criticism the correct way so thank you for taking the time to listen.

If I do decide to attend in the future I am sure I will visit your stall and make a purchase.

Auto Finesse however will not accept it and have barred me from commenting on their Facebook page which is a really odd thing to do and just makes me less inclined to ever use their product's. Would you expect to be barred from a local supermarket for voicing an opinion?

The discounts were good on the Autobrite stall were good I agree. However the fact that the products were priced meant that you could see the discounts unlike most of the others that just had say 20% show discount but this was meaningless or confusing since there was no price on the product to start with.

A simple was/now is all it needs.

#26 ·
It is refreshing to see someone actually take the constructive criticism the correct way so thank you for taking the time to listen.

If I do decide to attend in the future I am sure I will visit your stall and make a purchase.

Auto Finesse however will not accept it and have barred me from commenting on their Facebook page which is a really odd thing to do and just makes me less inclined to ever use their product's. Would you expect to be barred from a local supermarket for voicing an opinion?

The discounts were good on the Autobrite stall were good I agree. However the fact that the products were priced meant that you could see the discounts unlike most of the others that just had say 20% show discount but this was meaningless or confusing since there was no price on the product to start with.

A simple was/now is all it needs.
We have to listen in order to improve, otherwise we end up with a problem like we have now. It's hard to see it always from the public's viewpoint so feedback is always important.

Hopefully see you at a future Waxstock :thumb:

Dom

#18 ·
My haul was:

Bouncers Done and Dusted (1 litre)
Bouncers HSi02
Infinity Wax citrus cleaner
Infinity Wax fallout remover
Scangrip pen torch
Gtechnic Panel Wipe
3x Gtechnic spray bottles
Wowos Fabric cleaner
Wowos fabric Sealant
1 litre of Sonax 6-4 compound

Like others, could have spent double had I not been disciplined!!

I like to think of it as money saved over RRP rather than money spent...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.