Detailing World Forum banner

How far did you go today...on yer bike

358K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  BigJimmyBovine 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Seems we have a lot of riders on the forum so I thought I'd start a thread in which we can share our rides, how far and where

I'll start....

Did 20miles this morning from Wollaton in Nottingham over to Calverton and back it was very cold but bright and dry so I can't complain

So lets hear it, How far did you go????

:thumb:

#966 · (Edited)
Tyre sidewall failed, tyre is 90miles old and brand new rim. Google suggests I'm not the only one on that make and model.

Props to Halfords, armed with only a bank statement as I'd lost the receipt and the fact that they had moved to a new system and showed no record of my transaction the tyre has been replaced with a different version and the difference refunded. Forgot to buy a new inner tube though!

#968 ·
I only picked them due to the reviews and supposed puncture resistance. It was my first puncture and thought the damage seemed excessive so had a google while I waited for the support car (wife!), fairly generic search terms and I got a few forum posts on it as far back as 2014 which I now can't find!

Feeling around the bead on the new compared to old you can feel there is significantly more rubber around it.

#969 ·
Grand Prix II’s are probably one of the most popular tyres out there with loads of positive reviews. I’m surprised to see a failure like that after so few miles. Not good.

I run those on my winter bike and haven’t punctured in two seasons. I find that they are quite harsh from a ride quality perspective though and wouldn’t run them on my summer bike.

#980 ·
It's a Focus Izalco Race with carbon frame in the battle grey. Only pic of mine is this rubbish one because the house is in progress.

My nearly local bike shop did me a really decent deal, I think partly because I was honest as soon as I walked in and saw his range was well above my budget so I paid nowhere near the Evans price.

Just the 12 miles so far but it's so much more comfortable, frame size is actually only 1cm bigger on paper but it feels right. It also feels fast, I'm pretty new and don't got what the internet reviews of bikes mean by the various buzzwords but to me it feels quick, it feels right and it feels comfy!

Tomorrow I'm testing it with a full practice round trip of my future commute, then I'm going to do a second lap for my first 60miler!

#984 ·
I'm new to bikes....well i haven't had one for nearly 15 years and bought another mountain bike.
A Voodoo Hoodoo for those who are interested, pictures will follow at some point.

Anyway, due to health issues i have to start slowly and ramp up. So....Sunday was 5 miles around the cycle lanes where i live and a quick blast through the woods behind the estate if you will.

Not very far and probably doing a good impression of Mr Hare's opponent but i'm enjoying having a bike again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.