Detailing World Forum banner

BMW 320 Paint correction detail at Envy Car Care

13K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Auto Detox 
#1 ·
This BMW was subject for a machine polish at our Gosport Unit last month to reduce the appearance of swirls that the owner was unhappy with.
Ideally I wanted 3 days on the car as I knew the paint was going to put up a fight, but the owner and I settled on 2 days and we'll see how it came out afterwards.

Typically I gave it more tickling than I really should have (as I'm not a fan of the single stage polishing details), but you'll see shortly!

The beast was dropped off the night before, so I could make an early start

In the cold morning light...

As usual door shuts were sprayed with APC, wheels with Evolution wheel cleaner, then a liberal amount of creamy goodness in the shape of Bubbly Jubbly SSF.

Iron Awe the wheels

Once the wheels were cleaned and the SSF rinsed off, the car was washed with the 2 bucket method, grit guards and the trusty Z sponge.
Moved indoors, dried off ready to clay.

Dodo Juice Gentle Grey clay in action on the upper panels

and lowers

Paint thickness readings taken all over, and a little bit of taping up to protect sensitive areas from the rotary but also dust ingress.
Ready to go......

Roof 1st

A bit difficult to see but a 50/50 on the roof pillar.

Front wing before

During

and after

Each panel instead of getting 1 hit, and being happy with whatever the improvement was, got 1-3 hits with Scholl S3 Gold and a wipe down with Eraser. Followed by a further polishing set with Menzerna 85RE and another wipe down, before moving on to the next panel.

End of day 1.

Day 2.

Polishing completed, time for a turbo charged de-dust!

Final wipe downs with Eraser, and double checked with the sun gun and natural light. We are now ready to wax....

Britemax Vantage Wax rides again!

Not too shabby for a 2 dayer

Tyres dressed, exhaust tip polished and glass and chrome dealt with. Are we brave enough to show the car in bright sunlight?

You bet we are! Bling Bling

I am very proud of this job, and the owner was delighted too.

Thanks for looking

Tim

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.