Detailing World Forum banner

DIY Ceramic Coating (inc. Decontaminate and Polish) - Product recommendations?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Craig! 
#1 ·
Good morning,

I know this has being asked a million times, but hey I'm sure another won't harm... Currently I'm 'old school' in my detailing methods in such a way that I'm still using products that I originally purchased nearly ten years ago; Dodo Juice Purple Haze, Meguiars 80 Speed Glaze, Meguiars 83 Dual-Action Polish, Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, 3M Clay Mitt, etc.

I want to give ceramic coating a go, so with it I thought I'd utilise the opportunity to update my detailing selection. In bold is the steps I'm going to take, and below that are the products I was considering using.

Decontaminate

- CarPro Iron-X
- CarPro Tar-X
- 3M Clay Mitt

Polish & Prep

- Meguiars 83 Dual-Action Polish
- Orange Firm All-Round Pad
- CarPro Eraser

Sealant

- CarPro CQuartzUK 3.0
- CarPro Reload

The first car I'll be doing it to is my Porsche Cayman, so harder German paint and the car can be stored in a large garage during the whole process. I'll be using a Dual-Action polisher and ideally would prefer to just carry out a one stage correction.

Currently the paint condition is really good, there is a small hologram on the upper of one rear quarter that needs taking out and the rest is just very light swirls you get from washing a soiled car. Its a daily driver, not a garage queen hence why wanting to protect it with a more durable sealant that'll make winter washing easier.

So the big question is; can you recommend any other products to the above? If so please give a bit of a reason why (i.e ease of use, more efficient, etc)? I'm very open to changing the above selection, and especially interested to hear of alternative polish / pad selections, as well as other easy to use ceramic coatings.

Thanks for any advice you may have to offer.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.