Detailing World Forum banner

Finishing Polish

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sawel 
#1 ·
Look for a good finishing polish to take out some very fine marring/holograms

Would AG SRP work (as I have loads of that kicking about!) or would something else be better suited?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#3 ·

Would AG SRP work (as I have loads of that kicking about!) or would something else be better suited?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
SRP is very good, but is also quite a flingy and dust-producing product, plus leaves wax residue.

Sonax PF is also good, but for me more of single stage that refines down, rather than a finishing polish.

Good old Menzerna SF3800 super finish will work. $9.95 for 250ml. Bit dusty, Great results.

But I recently use Rupes Diamond gloss ultra fine compound gel to great effect refining an errant wing. What was great was lack of dust and residues due to gel formula. Again abou a tenner for 250ml.

I have all of the above I shall be using Rupes gel again. With a finishing pad.

#4 ·

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Yes will work well and as you've got some, use it - you could always look for something a little more aggressive if it doesn't quite do the job.

If you apply with a damp applicator, it helps to minimise the dust [emoji4]

#5 ·
Not sure if theres been a recent change of formula but i bought a new bottle of SRP last month to use as a cleaner/glaze and i have to say there was next to no dust at all. Applied by hand as thinly as i could.

I used it years ago like most others and it used to dust like mad. But my last experience was totally different and ill be sticking with it in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.