Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 17-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #11
PWOOD
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
The absolute most forgiving sealant I've ever used is backfire wet diamond, it is real quality. BUT, it wont sit very well over rubbish like triple or srp, you would be better off with something decent like amigo or even their own all in one. Same polymers so better durability
No abrasives in BF Polish does make me keen to try it eventually. In terms of abrasive content is Amigo more or less than Tripple.
PWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #12
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,256 Times in 4,843 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWOOD View Post
No abrasives in BF Polish does make me keen to try it eventually. In terms of abrasive content is Amigo more or less than Tripple.
I would class amigo as a straight glaze, but polymer based. The blackfire all in one (it may be called total something now) has a small amount of cut, but with the added polymers. Its very good and not "aggressive" at all
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
PWOOD (17-06-2018), suds (22-06-2018)
Old 19-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #13
PWOOD

I have a sample pot of DDJ purple haze that used to coat my car 2 years ago and seem to recall that was really easy and having just checked there is a enough for a couple of coats so will give that a go as again on the boot lid.

Reading a few other sites and R222 seems to come up a lot as still after all these years providing an outstanding finish whilst being easy on and off. Has anyone used it this recently as itís rarely mentioned.
Old 19-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #14
Fairtony
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Reading a few other sites and R222 seems to come up a lot as still after all these years providing an outstanding finish whilst being easy on and off. Has anyone used it this recently as itís rarely mentioned.
can confirm its a dream to apply and remove. by hand only obviously.
I didn't personally get brilliant beading, but the wax im using is old, and I bought it used off here. But (in my opinion) the finish is to die for, and that's more important than beading.

I really like their r222 paint cleanser aswell. I use the paint cleanser under pretty much every wax I apply. and it layers nice too.
Fairtony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fairtony For This Useful Post:
PWOOD (19-06-2018)
Old 19-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
PWOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtony View Post
can confirm its a dream to apply and remove. by hand only obviously.
I didn't personally get brilliant beading, but the wax im using is old, and I bought it used off here. But (in my opinion) the finish is to die for, and that's more important than beading.

I really like their r222 paint cleanser aswell. I use the paint cleanser under pretty much every wax I apply. and it layers nice too.
Does the paint cleanser contain abrasives as there is nothing to confirm it that can see so far. The wax sound good will need to source some as itís rare that I honestly notice a significant difference. What QD do you use in between waxing. I love BSD but the grabby finish is a tad annoying
Old 20-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #16
Fairtony
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Does the paint cleanser contain abrasives as there is nothing to confirm it that can see so far. The wax sound good will need to source some as itís rare that I honestly notice a significant difference. What QD do you use in between waxing. I love BSD but the grabby finish is a tad annoying

I think all paint cleansers have to have a little bite, else how is it gonna clear out the pores.
But youíll not be doing corrective work with any cleanser. You might think you are, coz of the fill, but thatís a different thing.

I was using a 50:50 BSD and AF Glisten as a QD and really liked it.
But Iíve recently been trying out Auto Allure Celator, as it has a bit more fill and seems to really bring out the gloss/flake. But it does rather knock the beading. But again, thereís more important things than beading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fairtony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fairtony For This Useful Post:
PWOOD (20-06-2018)
Old 20-06-2018, 10:38 AM   #17
Berylburton
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA4TDI View Post
FK2685, easiest wax to apply and remove in my opinion, 3 to 6 months, so underrated
Heard you the first time 😁
Berylburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
Berylburton
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Dodo juice waxes are user friendly so is any thing from Finish Kare
Berylburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #19
PWOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berylburton View Post
Dodo juice waxes are user friendly so is any thing from Finish Kare
That just reminded me I have enough Purple Haze in a sample pot so will try it again as I seem to recall it was nice to work with. The beads were massive though and led to spotting after it rained but QD can sort that.

Last edited by PWOOD; 20-06-2018 at 09:37 PM.