Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 19-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
Benfr16
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akk_quattro View Post
Thanks Paul. Never heard of this before, and now that I've checked them out these do look good to me. Will defo be exploring them in more detail.

One question though. I still haven't got as far as getting myself a polishing machine yet So can I apply the S40 by hand or would it be useless without a machine? Are there any other products similar to it that can be applied by hand? Cheers!
Wont be useless by hand but you really notice significant gains when using a machine. If your paint is in pretty good condition and your not looking for 100% perfection, you could always try a cheap DA, a single finishing polish and finishing pad.

Looking at the picture, I think using a sealant might help you try and achieve that look. Sealants tend to have a colder glass-like appearance, much like the picture.

S40 is supposed to be a good product. I've personally had amazing results with menzerna 3500 on a white chemical guys hex logic pad on my black VAG paint. If your definitely going by hand, maybe opt for something with fillers in such as AF Triple (Light cut, fillers and carnuba) or SRP (Tried & Tested by almost everyone!)
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycha View Post
My VIz Top Tip:
If you want that wet deep contrast look, just wear polarizing lens sunglasses when you look at your car. - in order to see it in its best light.
Thanks for your advice garycha, but no thanks. I have not started the detailing hobby and joined DW just to then wear polarizing lens sunglasses that would make my car look in its best light. I'm here to learn of methods and products that can help me to actually make my car look in its best light As a DW member and detailing enthusiast, I'm a bit surprised at your advice there TBH.

As I mentioned above, I didn't exclude that this may have been photoshopped. I'm very new to the hobby and all I was after was an advice on how to achieve at least a similar look to that on the photo. Already got some cracking advices, and some of the products suggested above are already in my shopping wishlist.

but nevertheless thanks for your advice. If and when I give up detailing I'll consider getting those glasses
akk_quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #13
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfr16 View Post
Wont be useless by hand but you really notice significant gains when using a machine. If your paint is in pretty good condition and your not looking for 100% perfection, you could always try a cheap DA, a single finishing polish and finishing pad.

Looking at the picture, I think using a sealant might help you try and achieve that look. Sealants tend to have a colder glass-like appearance, much like the picture.

S40 is supposed to be a good product. I've personally had amazing results with menzerna 3500 on a white chemical guys hex logic pad on my black VAG paint. If your definitely going by hand, maybe opt for something with fillers in such as AF Triple (Light cut, fillers and carnuba) or SRP (Tried & Tested by almost everyone!)
Thanks mate. I've actually come across a good thread with some good value DAs suggested (I think you've posted there too) so will look into a cheapo DA. My shopping list is growing rather fast
Old 19-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #14
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,212 Times in 736 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for your advice garycha, but no thanks. I have not started the detailing hobby and joined DW just to then wear polarizing lens sunglasses that would make my car look in its best light. I'm here to learn of methods and products that can help me to actually make my car look in its best light As a DW member and detailing enthusiast, I'm a bit surprised at your advice there TBH.

As I mentioned above, I didn't exclude that this may have been photoshopped. I'm very new to the hobby and all I was after was an advice on how to achieve at least a similar look to that on the photo. Already got some cracking advices, and some of the products suggested above are already in my shopping wishlist.

but nevertheless thanks for your advice. If and when I give up detailing I'll consider getting those glasses
I think it was ironic - hence the reference to Viz...

p
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
garycha (19-06-2018)
Old 19-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #15
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,983 Posts
Garage
I have a Daytona Grey Audi A4 and can recommend the Blackfire kit and OCD Nebula for a really reflective flake popping finish
camerashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #16
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post

p
Maybe.
Old 19-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #17
akk_quattro
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerashy View Post
I have a Daytona Grey Audi A4 and can recommend the Blackfire kit and OCD Nebula for a really reflective flake popping finish
Which one of the Blackfire kits? Also would you have a pic of your car just after using those that you can share?
thanks
Old 19-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #18
dannyd21
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post

p
I don't think the OP knows what viz is.
dannyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dannyd21 For This Useful Post:
garycha (19-06-2018)
Old 19-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #19
DimitriUK
Washmitt Meister

its photoshop and picture taken under the right lighting conditions, relax do not overthink about it as after the first couple of days due to dust and light rain, even if the look was true, is going to disappear
DimitriUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 04:18 PM   #20
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,983 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Which one of the Blackfire kits? Also would you have a pic of your car just after using those that you can share?
thanks
Wet Ice Over Fire
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...-fire-kit.html

Will see if I can find any photos

Some of Wax Planet Obsidian Super Gloss
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=397059

Last edited by camerashy; 19-06-2018 at 04:23 PM.
camerashy is offline   Reply With Quote