Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 28-11-2017, 12:20 AM   #41
roscopervis
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
I use AG.srp then usually Jetseal or poorboys white diamond , or whitelight when I have the time (not all the time though ).
If I get Tripple is it still 0k to top with the above ?
White Diamond is a glaze not a sealant as you would appear to be inferring here.
White Light is also just a fancy version of an AIO from CG, you’re repeating the SRP/Tripple step.

Jet seal is the only product that makes sense to use after SRP. Tripple is oily so most sealants will struggle to bond.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #42
Eddmeister
Washmitt Meister

SRP can’t be rivalled for results & cost for me
Eddmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #43
Dazednconfused
Sponge Jockey

I've used SRP for the last couple of years and found it pretty good - especially as I'm a newbie to this. Although, I am thinking of trying BH Cleanser Polish - which seems to be a better version of SRP - or am I wrong?? Better as in less dust, more waxes will adhere to it and have better cleaning properties.
Dazednconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #44
shine247
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,181 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
I've used SRP for the last couple of years and found it pretty good - especially as I'm a newbie to this. Although, I am thinking of trying BH Cleanser Polish - which seems to be a better version of SRP - or am I wrong?? Better as in less dust, more waxes will adhere to it and have better cleaning properties.
Although not a regular user of AIO's I had a bottle of SRP for years which occasionally came out and did an excellent job at removing and minimising scratches / swirl marks on the odd vehicle and restoring the red on my old classic single stage red car. Because it ran out I felt it only right to try the BH offering. It is good and leaves a nice shine but I found it to be a lot less effective at hiding marks and correcting neglected paint.

This was a VERY quick blast with SRP, a cutting pad and a DA as a test at first. In the end the car looked amazing for 17 years untouched.

Last edited by shine247; 01-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.
shine247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shine247 For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (04-12-2017), Dazednconfused (02-12-2017), trv8 (02-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 10:25 PM   #45
benjcarter
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoglym View Post
We have mentioned it before, it just seems to be generally accepted that it doesn't have cut though. That opinion has taken hold and people just accept it because they read it everywhere (see also: sponges cause swirls *ducks*).

That large SRP write up was not written by us, it contains a lot of good info, but also some things that don't ring true with us. We aren't out to deceive anyone with our products, we try our absolute best not to make claims that the product can't back up in real life. SRP does have cut, if it didn't we would be honest about that. It is no compound, not by a long shot, but it does have abrasives in it, albeit at the very, very gentle end of the scale.
Hi Autoglym. I'm a little confused about the abrasives. If you watch the following YouTube video by the Forensic Detailing Channel (watch from about 19m30secs onwards and you'll see that the guy contacted Autoglym and asked specifically about SRP and abrasives. He was told by you guys that SRP contains no added abrasives. He goes on to mention chemical abrasion from the solvents, but that's not the same as added abrasives that you mention. Could you clarify it once and for all?

Good product - used it on and off for years, definitely has its place but it does seem that there is, and always has been, confusion about this product. Many thanks

Last edited by benjcarter; 01-12-2017 at 11:13 PM.
benjcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #46
Dazednconfused
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine247 View Post
Although not a regular user of AIO's I had a bottle of SRP for years which occasionally came out and did an excellent job at removing and minimising scratches / swirl marks on the odd vehicle and restoring the red on my old classic single stage red car. Because it ran out I felt it only right to try the BH offering. It is good and leaves a nice shine but I found it to be a lot less effective at hiding marks and correcting neglected paint.

This was a VERY quick blast with SRP, a cutting pad and a DA as a test at first. In the end the car looked amazing for 17 years untouched.

Thanks for that Shine - I will bear this in mind. I wanted to try more BH products because every one I've used so far has been pretty flawless - but I'll definitely be keeping the SRP in my bag
CheersPhil
Dazednconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dazednconfused For This Useful Post:
shine247 (02-12-2017)

Tags
auto finesse, autoglym, srp, tripple