Detailing World Forum banner

Megs 105 with Hexlogix Yellow on E90

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Sneak Attack 
#1 ·
I have just tried Megs 205 and 105, working from white onwards to a yellow hexlogic pad. I finally ended up using the Megs 105 with the yellow pad on a DAS6 Pro. To be honest it didnt really cut out the swirls or fine scratches - even after a few passes. It got rid of most but not all - about 70% correction.
The paint is rock hard but i would have thought the combo used would have worked a treat. Even the bumper which is supposed to be softer was a struggle.

Im sure im doing something wrong - but have checked through what i am doing (2-3 passes on slow speed, 3-4 passed fast speed, 2-3 passes on slower speed, etct). Im also using quite alot of pressure and only doing a small area at a time.

Is there anything else i can try - either technique or product. Ive heard the Megs microfibre pads are good are cutting, but do they cut more than the Hexlogic Yellow pads using Megs 105?

#2 ·
105 is, essentially, pressure sensitive so your initial passes should be with more pressure; spread the polish with one or two passes then perform about 10 passes over the area, starting with heavy pressure and gradually easing up before refining a bit. In total, I'd say you'll need more passes than you're currently performing; aim for at least 20 passes in all.

BMW paint can be pretty hard and via DA it's not going to be easy but I'd say about 90% correction is reasonable.

The MF pads are good, ideal for levelling the paint surface, but they do remove a lot of paint. 8-10 microns could be the level of removal in some cases so definitely use a paint gauge if you use them.

#3 ·
i used the megs cg combo using my das6 pro on my audi about a month ago and struggled to get a good finish or as good correction as i thought i would whilst using ths combo. last monday i used the mf system which ive used on a few cars and i got the finish i expected the car came up great. i also took readings with the paint gauge and found i was only removing about 3-4 microns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.