Detailing World Forum banner

Foam lance without enough GPM flow?

3K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  MaDMaXX 
#1 ·
Foam lances have a pressure, and a flow rating requirement for them to work correctly, but my question is, if you have enough pressure, but not enough flow, what is the consequence?

The example i have is a pressure washer with plenty of pressure, but the flow isn't enough.

Lance:
1000 PSI
2.0 GPM flow.

My pressure washer is 1800 PSI and 1.5 GPM flow - does anyone know what affect this would have?

Thanks.

#6 ·
Am I the only one that's confused after reading all this:wall:
The reason oldies (wont be many older than I) get confused with volumes is they refused to accept metric.
Metric needs no thinking, move the decimal point. Us "Oldies" spent way too much time working out how to deal with complicated imperial units instead of cracking on learning import stuff. W
That really is true, bordering child abuse :lol:
May never improve with a certain country of over 300 million refusing to as well.

#12 ·
Sorry, been struggling with Detailing world emails going to spam for ages now :(

Yes, i moved to the states, so back to imperial again :D But having said that, as already noted, they only have dinky pints here, so yeah, about 3.8l per gallon.

I lost my decent foam lance i had in England, my pressure washer here is at least as good as the one i used to use - i got the lance, sans bottle, back from England, but i can't get the foam to work as well as it used to (yes, i import BH foam) I can only think i can't get the stand-in bottle to seal as well on the lance, so i was looking at this one.

https://smile.amazon.com/MATCC-Upgr...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ADXV79K10KRBGWS19YTX

#14 ·
The MTM PF22 is about the best you will get. Although its better, you can't tell a massive difference between the foam produced between that and a generic Chinese one but what I have noticed is that the PF22 seems to use less product whilst producing better foam. In the long run, I reckon this will pay for itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.