Detailing World Forum banner

Drying after a snow foam and rinse

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  \Rian 
#1 ·
Finally got a bit of dry weather (but still very windy). I'm going to snow foam and rinse the car today (no contact wash unfortunately). Should I leave it to dry itself or pat dry it with a drying towel? Don't want to rub any more dirt into it!

Cheers.

#5 ·
Make sure you have removed all traces of dirt before drying down, if you have some cotton swabs or pads to try in some inconspicuous areas to test for dirt levels otherwise you risk rubbing all them fine particles into your paint work. If you want to do this ide recommend using something like ONR (optimum no rinse) as a drying aid or as a wash method after snow foaming or using filtered water to rinse then you could leave with out touching it to dry naturally.

#9 ·
always best to foam and then wash, i used to only foam and then dry the car with a drying aid ie. quick detailer and the drying towel always picked up a little bit of dirt...
i then started to foam the car and then 2 bucket wash and there was still some dirt in the rinse bucket after the foam had been rinsed off

#15 ·
Carplan-trade-hi-wax-rinse-5l

I live in a soft water area and I do this if its not good weather to do a 3BM wash or if I don't have time.

I rinse with Carplan-trade-hi-wax-rinse-5l. 250 ml in a watering can and pour over the car once ive rinsed of the foam with the PW.

The water just sheets of leaving a few drops of water if you get it right.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/carplan-trade-hi-wax-rinse-5l?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Car+Cleaning-_-Shampoo,+Polish+&+Wax-_-703690&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=wrqwppwqr&istBid=tztx&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:865695745|agid:43902125015|tid:pla-400136563107|crid:202397318316|nw:g|rnd:6457134589124603510|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006563&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqZTcmuKg2QIVxLvtCh2RZAHTEAQYASABEgKAhvD_BwE

But nothing will come close to a meticulous 3 bucket wash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.