Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 15-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
binky151
Unwashed Member

Karcher k4 problem

My k4 has recently developed an internal leak, doesn't matter weather it is turned on or off but leaks whenever the hose pipe is connected, it is only 11 months old and I have been in contact with wickes where I purchased it but after 3 weeks of emails back and forth still no further forward apparently they are waiting to hear of the supplier which I presume is karcher, I have now been given a contact number to chase them up myself isit worth waisting more time on this or could it be an easy fix and worth stripping it myself
binky151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
andy665
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,690 Times in 2,053 Posts
Almost certainly the L shaped plastic part that ends at the hose connector- had two K4s fail and the part number is not recognised by any spares supplier
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #3
wayne451
PC Perfectionist

My old mans Karcher failed and it went back to the manufacturers to be reconditioned (under warranty) and it returned with a checklist of everything they replaced, they really went to town. Suffice to say my old man was well impressed.
wayne451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
binky151
Unwashed Member

It seems to be an internal leak when the hose pipes connected I can hear water running inside the the housing and it runs out of the bottom, im going to pursue them fixing it under warranty tomorrow I presume it has to be sent away to them as there is no karcher dealer local to me
Old 15-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
Bill58
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,499 Posts
Contact Karcher direct and they should ask you to take it to a Karcher Service Centre, there is one in Cardiff http://www.aquaairjettingequipment.co.uk/
I've had a few repairs done at service centres and all have been straightforward to organise.
Bill58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
binky151
Unwashed Member

Brilliant going to give them a bell tomorrow I think ive caused problems for myself by going through wickes customer service, should have cut out the middle man so to speak
Old 15-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Bull12
Sponge Jockey

May be the cylinder head. Mine started weeping and then turned into a running stream. Replaced it with a nilfisk E145 much better machine.

Stripped the k4 down and the leak was obvious without the case. I have ordered bits and will rebuild the k4 as a spare. Glad I bought the nilfisk though.

If it's under warranty just send it back to karcher. As soon as you undo the case, you'll invalidate the warranty.
Bull12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
binky151
Unwashed Member

Thats what I was thinking as soon as I touch it it will invalidate the warranty, just been waiting 3 weeks with no progress so far hopefully if I contact them directly tomorrow I can get it sorted, I do like the look of the nilfisk my misses would have none of it though
Old 15-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #9
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,618 Posts
All you need is dated proof of purchase and the number of your nearest Karcher service centre. Give them a ring, explain the problem and they will tell you to bring the machine in with your receipt.

Seriously - Karcher warrenty support is superb.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #10
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GleemSpray View Post
All you need is dated proof of purchase and the number of your nearest Karcher service centre. Give them a ring, explain the problem and they will tell you to bring the machine in with your receipt.

Seriously - Karcher warrenty support is superb.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
Mine's 60 miles away would they then send some to pick up?
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote