Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 16-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
daveb975
Sponge Jockey

Best hose for Karcher K5 PW

I bought a K5 a year or so ago, and have found it a reasonably good PW, but the hose is a nightmare.

It takes ages to get off the reel and 'un-kink' it and then almost as long to get it back on at the end of the wash. It makes a quick wash almost impossible.

I have seen lots of positive comments about Qwashers and I notice that Karcher also do their own anti-kink hose.

Which would everyone recommend? Ideally, I'd like one that goes onto the existing reel on the K5, but the most important thing is that it is easy to get out and put away.

Last edited by daveb975; 16-04-2018 at 10:58 AM.
daveb975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #2
spyk3d
Washmitt Meister

What sort of hose length are you after?

I'm not sure if the Karcher hose reel is upto the task of holding an aftermarket hose as they are generally weighty and not a fan of being rolled up.
spyk3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
daveb975
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyk3d View Post
What sort of hose length are you after?

I'm not sure if the Karcher hose reel is upto the task of holding an aftermarket hose as they are generally weighty and not a fan of being rolled up.
About 10m would be fine.

I don't mind using a different reel, but I am keen on something that is easier to roll up than the standard one if possible. I find that my current one is always full of twists that either become kinks too easily or bash against the side of the car.

The way Karcher describe their Q10 product, it sounds as though it is what I am looking for, although some reviews on other sites seem to suggest it is not that much different to the original.

https://www.kaercher.com/uk/accessor...c4mzh1bdmpt.97
daveb975 is offline   Reply With Quote