Detailing World Forum banner

DW Email Notifications

60K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  WHIZZER 
#1 ·
I have not received email notification from DW of updates to subscribed Threads, pm's or iTrader Feedback etc. for around 7 weeks now and wondered if anyone else is having similar issues.

I have changed the email address that the notifications are sent to at the suggestion of WHIZZER but without success.

Is anyone else not receiving notifications?

Thanks,

Alan W

P.S. Thread posted with the knowledge of WHIZZER.

#22 ·
Seems this issue doesn't affect everyone. I joined DW back in March and I've never had any issues with notifications to threads that I've subscribed to. I tend to subscribe to threads using the website (rather than the Tapatalk app) on my phone. Out of interest, I've just subscribed to a new thread using Tapatalk to see if there are any issues with that method.

#30 ·
Not sure if you chaps have made any progess but I have done some digging. I changed my registered email address and I now get the emails but they come with a warning....

It would appear that DW don't use TLS encryption on the emails that are sent from the forum and a fair few email providers drop non TLS emails.

If anyone is using gmail and could check that all DW emails have a little red padlock with a line through it that would confirm the lack of TLS for another user too. DW emails are the only ones that are like this for me. Other forums like SCN etc look to use it.

I wonder if it would be possible to see if TLS is turned on in the config?

Hope this helps!

#34 ·
Not sure if you chaps have made any progess but I have done some digging. I changed my registered email address and I now get the emails but they come with a warning....

It would appear that DW don't use TLS encryption on the emails that are sent from the forum and a fair few email providers drop non TLS emails.

If anyone is using gmail and could check that all DW emails have a little red padlock with a line through it that would confirm the lack of TLS for another user too. DW emails are the only ones that are like this for me. Other forums like SCN etc look to use it.

I wonder if it would be possible to see if TLS is turned on in the config?

Hope this helps!
Hereisphilly I think more and more people will have the problem as more mail systems turn on the TLS requirement that I mentioned above...

#33 ·
Whizzer, I think my notifications have gone a similar way

I use tapatalk for all subbed forum posts and it works great, saves me from a deulge of emails

Last week i stopped getting notifications in tapatalk for everything, which i first thought was a tapatalk problem, but I've just logged in and seen i have 4 PMs from this week

Now i didn't get a tapatalk notification for any of these, but i normally get an email on PMs. Just checked and all the emails are in google's spam box, which has never ever happened before

This is making me think i might be something your end?

#36 ·
Bizarrely, I get email notifications when I get a PM, but not for anything else (quoted post, reply to thread etc)

Doesn't really bother me if I'm honest, although sometimes I don't see replies for a while.

Cooks
I think that's a setting somewhere, as that's what I used to have, with Tapatalk handling everything day to day forum wise

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.....

Just to say that I’m not getting any notifications either....used to when I first joined up. A bit of an absence from the forums and no longer getting anything. I did change my email to an iCloud one, dunno if that’s of any significance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.