Detailing World Forum banner

Tyre dressing applicator

8K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  VW STEVE. 
#1 ·
Cant take the credit for this as my wife! Thought of this.
It's a dishmatic dish cleaner that I have removed the green scotch bright material and filled with my favourite Autosmart highstyle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#11 ·
That's a nifty idea. Does it leak?

Now can you get SWMBO to come up with an idea to cleanly apply product between the cupped beading concave bit between the tyre sidewall and rim, but without actually getting any on the rim itself?
Not so far

Nice idea? But is it quicker than using a small dish sponge?
I wouldn't say quicker but far easier for me.

#16 ·
I race rc cars, have done for longer than I care to admit...

These bottles are tyre additive bottles, which we use to clean and soften the tyre for more grip.
You can get a bottle full of product for about £10, with the same applicator shown above.
I haven't tried any of my tyre additive as a sidewall cleaner for my road car, but in theory it would clean the tyre. Tarmac (asphalt) additive is usually a thicker oil based product and carpet additive is much thinner and less oily.

For racing, we apply, leave to soak for 10-30 mins and clean off with kitchen towel, although a mf cloth would be better for a road car or possibly just leave it to soak into the tyre.

There is a lot of secrecy in rc racing surrounding tyre additive, it makes a huge difference and can mean the difference between winning or being a lap or more off the pace. That has lead to the empty bottles being available for a similar price to a full bottle. The top guys decant their preferred additive into an unmarked bottle so that nobody can tell what they're using.

Link to a full bottle with the same applicator:-
https://www.zen-racing.co.uk/catalo...-3767?osCsid=844246d28edf168207d39791da5694f6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.