Detailing World Forum banner

Review: Bilt Hamber Auto-wheel

27K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Mcpx 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In my first video review I demonstrate and talk about Bilt Hambers Auto-Wheel alloy wheel cleaner.

My usual method of cleaning wheels has nearly always been with normal bodywork shampoo and lots of elbow grease. However I was reccomended this wheel cleaner after asking questions about Korrosol and Surfex.

I'm glad I decided to try it as I give it a 10/10.

Minimal effort. Maximum cleaning!

Thanks and enjoy

#2 ·
Really good review bud. I haven't used auto wheel but korrosol is a fantastic fallout remover. Only thing holding it back is price for me, would be great if bilt hamber could bring it down the price to £35-£40 but I guess you pay for quality [emoji106]

Imagine you don't use this every wash?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm undecided as to whether I'd use it every wash. I have to say the initial 1L bottle of it I got to test is going a long way. I've used it on 3 cars, all wheels and I've still got more than half of that 1L left. So it goes a long way.

But I can see myself not needing to use it every time during the 2 week maintenance wash. Using the left over shampoo in the body wash bucket will likely suffice. But I do know from experience that even that is a lot less effective than this, even only after 2 weeks.

I am thinking of doing a comparison between Korrosol and Auto-Wheel myself. Because they seem identical, I have to guess the auto wheel includes some degreasers or something but I guess a comparison will tell.

#12 ·
Thanks for the review. I already use BH auto-wheel
and love it. I tend to only break it out every 3 or 4 washes and then wax my wheels with FK1000P after I have used it

I then only use shampoo for the in between washes but the wax helps the crud come off easily. Great products :thumb:

#13 ·
Used it again on a friends car today and it removed 95% of all removable dirt in 1 pass. His wheels were in a terrible state and need to be refurbed anyway. Turns out that even what was left after using the auto wheel, would not come off, even with another go of auto-wheel, and then surfex HD and any amount of scrubbing!

#14 ·
Just a question for Autowheel users. BH says it can be used as a touch less cleaners for wheels that aren’t to soiled.

Has anyone had success using it this way? It’s $100us for a 5 litre bottle and wouldn’t mind buying it if it really can be used this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Yes looks good and seems to do a great job to attack the iron particles. I don't really have that problem. Just looking for something touchless.

Yeah Korrosol whilst the best out and out fall out remover won't give the cleaning power of Auto Wheel, and as such will never be able to give comparable 'touchless' results on wheels.

Auto Wheel has boosted cleaning capability targeting both traffic film and dirt along with iron which can get you to up to 90-95% touchless cleaning on protected wheels that are in decent condition, there's no safe totally touchless chemical in detailing IMO.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#30 ·
In the US it would cost me 75 pounds or 88£ (what currency is used in UK?).

For that much i would be looking for true touch less.

For those those that have used it do you feel it is worth that price?

P&S BrakeBuster works great on maintained wheels if I need to agitate.

For iron romoval i just spray with Iron X once a year and clean with soap and water.

May also look into Sonax beast wheel cleaner.

I’ve only heard of 2 wheel cleaner to claim touchless in maintained wheels. AutoWheel and AutoFanatic wheel cleaner.

#34 ·
The understanding of the two products BH Auto Wheel does help. It's very common question asked.
Best way to cover this imho is they need to be split into two cases first. Those that neglect their wheels and those that keep them regularly clean.

AW is aggressive and better for the first group. For the second Korrossol is better because there will not be much contamination on them on only periodic and occasional use.
Treat the wheels equally as the panels and consumption of the either AW or Korrossol will fall right off.

#35 ·
This is an expensive game to experiment in so when you find a product that works as it should and is a reasonable price, it one less thing to worry about. Unless there is a major revelation in wheel cleaning I’ll never have to buy anything else.

Not many people realise that AW can be diluted and it is still perfectly effective for maintenance at 50%, I still use it undiluted on very dirty wheels but for most applications the diluted version is fine. I spray the wheel thoroughly and then coat with foam to keep it wet while it dwells, then go in with a wheel brush, quick rinse and finish with a mitt in shampoo before a final rinse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.