Detailing World Forum banner

Shinemate EP 803

13K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Willy599 
#1 ·
Hi All

I've just ordered the EP803 from A1 Detailing and waiting on stock for delivery, my question is the speed range 700-2500 RPM and from watching Forensic detailing he says he rarely goes above 1000 RPM on a full size rotary (I think).

However when I watched his review on the Flex PE 8.4 80 it seems that because you are working with smaller pads and the abrasives arne't travelling as far then higher speeds are required which seems to be backed up by the speed range of the Flex 1300-3900 RPM.

So with the above in mind what speed should the Shinemate be operated at for a rotary novice with safety?

I'll be trying to improve a scratch on my S80's bonnet and its on the curve of the bonnet if you know S80's.

Available polishes Megs 105/205, Scholl S20 and Sonax perfect finish.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers Bruce

See less See more
#5 ·
I've only used the M205 with the 3M blue pad which is very soft , I haven't tried it with anything more aggressive yet . I'd give a perfect finish a try with a soft pad then step it up if you don't get much success. The 803 is a very nice machine to handle after a full-size rotary .

Mark

#6 ·
I've only used the M205 with the 3M blue pad which is very soft , I haven't tried it with anything more aggressive yet . I'd give a perfect finish a try with a soft pad then step it up if you don't get much success. The 803 is a very nice machine to handle after a full-size rotary .

Mark
Sounds like a plan as its only a small in length scratch should't take more than an hour even if I tried the full range of pads.

#8 ·
Yes its the full kit from A1 detailing £121 after the DW discount, wasn't aware they sold just the polisher though.

Did look at the Flex equivalent but by the time you add backing plates, pads extension bars etc it gets expensive, I stopped pricing it up after I'd doubled the price of the shinemate.

It's just a rotary i've got to get used to, only used a DA and the Vertool forced drive so far.

Cheers

Bruce

#10 ·
Arrived this morning and seems like a very nice piece of kit with all the pads etc, only got an 80mm extension though, thought they came out with a 40mm extension as well now.

I've emailed A1Detailing and enquired, still looking forward to trying it out in the morning though :)

#11 ·
Tried the 803 out Saturday on my quite prominent scratch with sonax perfect finish, 2" pads, orange polishing 1st and them the blue medium cut pad and the scratch is now reduced to what can be described as two minor stone chips one each at either end of the defunct scratch and now basically un-noticable unless you really look for it.

Very pleased with the 803, especially the weight and now looking at the 801, both affordable and for an occasional user about right I'd say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.