Detailing World Forum banner

The 'What Are You Drinking Now' Thread

230K views 754 replies 125 participants last post by  IvorB1H 
#1 ·
As the title suggests....

Thought this would be a good way to discuss all things drink, be it tea coffee or something a little stronger.....

Currently, after waking up from my night shift I'm enjoying a cup of Yorkshire tea. It's my last shift tonight and Christmas outing tomorrow, so soon time for a beer or two!

It'll be something from here when I get in from work:

My absolute favourite though has to be:

See less See more
#242 ·
We are really well supported in Aberdeen for craft beer. We've got quite a few shops and bars that do takeaway beers. We have a good little circuit of craft beer bars.

All of the above came direct from the Fierce bar and Westhill petrol station also keeps Fierce and plenty of other beers. I'm sure beer purchases pass off as petrol buys on the bank statement. :lol:

I'm a Brewdog shareholder so I get 20% off ordering from Brewdog. Although I buy from the bars more often than not. Everyone gets 1/3 discount for growler fills at Brewdog bars before shareholder discounts. It works out good value especially for the expensive beers.

There is lots of online shops to order, the issue is the prices vary across the board. Some are cheaper for one beer, but more expensive for another. Most breweries allow you to order direct.

Even the supermarkets are getting in the game now. M&S have started to keep some of the Mekkeller range.

Tesco have been really ramping up their range. He is a few that I recommend. Just by pure coincidence I have some empty moist cans for reference.:lol:

Tesco also have Thornbridge Florida Weisse. This is a sour beer. It's a very select market to target and impressive to see Tesco take on such a beer. It'll really divide opinion.

Good to see so many supermarkets supporting local breweries. Most seem to get a few local beers in now.

Also good to see so many people buying quality over quantity.

#243 ·
I normally only drink lager or cider but went out for a meal earlier and had a strange desire for Tizer!?!

Anyway, I went to Tesco and couldn’t find Tizer anywhere. I was going to mix it with vodka, which I’d never done before but as Tizer was nowhere to be seen, I stumbled across Appletiser, something I’d not had for about 2 decades?

Cracking combo. It may become a regular as my weekend tipple?

#248 ·
View attachment 55486

Another great Porter from Fierce. Sweet with a smooth coffee aftertaste.

Almost a meal in itself!

I think this could develop into a regular thing :thumb:
Cafe Racer is a lovely beer. Imperial cafe racer is even better.

I've been to the beer shop today. I've not had a barrel aged very big moose yet. Some people have named it their beer of the year.

Siren brewery make really nice beers. It's another brewery that rarely releases a bad one.

The white cans are a new brewery to me. They are from Croatia.

Belching Beaver peanut butter stout is just lovely.

I got the Beavertown as it was on sale. A lot of people don't buy Beavertown now they have sold half the company to Heinekin.

#258 ·
I've never found any of these "craft"beers any good.
They differ wildly in taste with so many different styles and flavours.

Remember the first time you tried lager? I bet you didn't like it and forced yourself to drink it?

Taste buds develop over the years and it's hard to go back to drinking just lager. I like big powerful flavours and it makes normal lagers seem tasteless.

The craft beer scene here is still growing at an incredible rate. I'm not sure we'll end up like the USA where many states craft is everywhere.