Detailing World Forum banner

USB in car problems with albums

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Stoner 
#1 ·
Hi guys, this is driving me nuts! My current Focus is my first car that has a USB port for music. I have about 20 album on a USB stick. However while half are fine the rest have lumped themselves together in 2 folders, "album" and "unknown album" I can't work out why this is. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Agreed, it seems as though the metadata is being read instead of a folder structure. I prefer to use folders myself so set everything up accordingly.

No idea on how Fords work, but there maybe a different way of viewing the content. Otherwise you could try something like Mp3tag which can edit metadata, including Artist/Title/Album/Year/Album cover etc.

#5 ·
I've been through god knows what with my GT 86 and attempting to make it play Artist>Album>Track.
It seemed happy to just lump everything in to one folder and play it in track alphabetical order. Not acceptable my little Japanese friend.

Ended up using a small free program called MP3tag.

#7 ·
If you don't get on with mp3tag, I use TagNRename for mine (free trial available) and this works well for me. I also converted all my MP's (4000 of them) to M4A's which managed to save me around 8gb of hard drive space. This is isn't a problem on the PC but they were too big to upload to the cars media drive.

Everything works a treat now including folder sorting etc. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.