Detailing World Forum banner

How to do basic graphics?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lowejackson 
#1 ·
My knowledge of how to do graphics is almost zero but it is now time that I learned how to do such things. Is there a good site or similar where I can be shown the basics.

Not looking for a job in Hollywood doing fancy stuff, just want to be able to do things like

or

I just have no idea where to start. Can these things be done on MS Office or do I need some other software

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Take a look at this post: https://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/free-graphic-design-software-8134039

Get yourself familiar with some of the software by checking out their sites.

Search YouTube for the software name + tutorial and see what resources pop up.

Cruise through some of the videos and see which software feels like you get the vibe of.

Download the software and have a play.

Try some of the YouTube tutorials.

Do loads of the tutorials.

Play around with the software on your own with random images.

Rinse and repeat with all he software on that list.

Make interesting things that look cool but have no use.

Pirate the adobe suite.

Learn each piece of software inside out.

Do design gigs for mates and family.

Get sick of dealing with mates and family as clients.

Start searching for design jobs.

Get an intern level job at a hack studio.

Realise you know nothing about design, let alone finished art and the client process.

Go back to school to learn.

Learn nothing.

Get a semi respectable job as an in house designer.

Learn more in 2 months than you did for 2 years at school.

Think you're an awesome designer.

Battle with ****ty clients through multiple jobs.

Convince yourself you're a **** designer.

Change careers.

Realise you should've just paid someone to design for you in the first place.

Welcome to the design world mate, come for the dream, stay for the pursuit of relevance.

#4 · (Edited)
If you want to do business type graphics, get a copy of MS Office and perhaps Visio. PowerPoint, Excel and Visio have built in tools for things like this and they are very customisable.

No good for anything commercial, but if you’re trying to explain something, or make a dry subject palatable, then they will achieve these results.

Have a look at tutorials on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 ·
If you want to do business type graphics, get a copy of MS Office and perhaps Visio. PowerPoint, Excel and Visio have built in tools for things like this and they are very customisable.

No good for anything commercial, but if you're trying to explain something, or make a dry subject palatable, then they will achieve these results.

Have a look at tutorials on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It is indeed for a powerpoint presentation although I like to thing the subject matter is very exciting, it is possible not everyone would agree.

If I had lots of money I would hire someone but for the moment it is just me trying to do basic graphics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.