Detailing World Forum banner

Garmin DashCam 55

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Andyg_TSi 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Thinking of finally getting a dashcam fitted to the car and have my eyes on the Garmin DashCam 55.

Anyone have one fitted and can offer any real life reviews on it?

Or any other that can be recommended. Budget is £135 (as this is how much the Garmin will cost fitted).

#5 ·
Having a quick look on Google the plus version only differs by having a polarising filter added to the lens.

However with the standard one, I can get this at £135 fitted from Halfords which will also come with the parking mode cable for parked recording.

Might just pop into store tomorrow and see if they will do the same deal with the plus version.

Thanks for the heads up.

#7 ·
I have the garmin 55 plus.

Awesome bit of kit, already comes witj a low profile mount fitted.
You can use it with voice control, also has fixed speed camera warnings (free lifetime updates via Garmin website), forward collision and lane departure warning.

Ive bought the hardwire kit which has the parking mode, so if your parked and your car gets hit, then the camera starts recording again. Handy to have.

Currently on offer in Halfords for £119 for the camera & £20 for the hardwire kit with parking mode function.

#9 · (Edited)
I dislike the bulky cams with the screens, what’s the point?

The discrete cams look much better installed, are cheaper and even have wireless connectivity if for what ever daft reason you have to review the footage every time you go out.

If you need to play it back, use the app or just pop the SD card out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.