Detailing World Forum banner

Is it possible that my car has been delivered almost defect free??

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Summit Detailing 
#1 ·
Had my brand spanking new g30 5 series in Carbon Black delivered today and primptly gave it a thorough clean to see what ill be dealing with on Monday when i break the da out proper.

pw (pressure wash), pre wash, pw, foam lance, pw, 2bm hand wash, pw, korrosol, pw and dry revealed pretty much nothing other than a few marks here and there from left over polish residue etc. Not a swirl in sight using the flashlight on my phone or a multi led bike light.

Im just in disbelief to be honest.

I went one step further on the boot lid by giving it a clay and some upol panel wipe which again revealed very little. I then went over the same oanelwith some scholl s40 on a honey pad and it looks fantastic.

Will i really be able to get away with this in the entire car? Id be interested in some advice because i cant help but think im looking at it wrong some how.

Answers on a post card please, ive attached a quick pic post wash anyways.

Cheers all

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Haha thanks, i will do once ive had a proper fettle and taken the dslr to it.

Genuinely though do i need a stronger light source to check it over or what? Im thinking i might do a 50/50 with the s40 and maybe s20 black against no polishing at all to see if i can spot any difference but want to know im looking at it properly. Any tips?

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I definitely wouldn't clay it if you aren't going to followup with a machine polish.

You mentioned some polish residue so whatever the dealership has used could be hiding some defects.

What were you planning on using for protection?

cheers

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.